'Inside joke' in Airfix Hurricane 1/48 instructions ?

Nearlymen

Hi,

I picked up today one of the new Airfix 1/48 Hurricanes and rather good it is too, Airfix just get better and better with their recent releases, but something caught my attention !

In the instructions the pilot figure is wearing a pair of modern square rimmed glasses and looks nothing like the actual moulded pilot figure, this got me thinking ! Is this an inside joke at Airfix and the instructions depict a member of staff or similar !

Love to know if it was because that's the type of thing I'd do if it was me !

Anyone in the know ?

Cheers

Clive

Quite a few other Airfix aircraft kits have the same faces in the instruction sheets. two slightly different in their 1/72 Tiger Moth for example.

Well, keep this under your hats, but I hear on the grapevine that Airfix are looking to issue a 1/12th scale Trevor Snowden kit next year :yahoo: . Apparently Eduard are already interested in aftermarket PE covering his glasses and a slide rule. But you didn't hear it from me :shutup: .

• Like 2

Well, keep this under your hats, but I hear on the grapevine that Airfix are looking to issue a 1/12th scale Trevor Snowden kit next year :yahoo: . Apparently Eduard are already interested in aftermarket PE covering his glasses and a slide rule. But you didn't hear it from me :shutup: .

Al well and good, but will the slide rule be poseable, with graduations?