Wanting to know what modelling magazines exist outside the UK

Hello all.

I am looking to get our growing product range known outside the UK. If I am honest my reading material has always been somewhat UK based. As a result while I am aware which modelling magazines are available in the UK I know little about what is available outside our happy little island.

Can anyone advise me of modelling magazines from other countries around the globe. I am particularly interested in magazines which have sections where they review new products.

Any help that you guys can offer would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Regards Martin

Hi Martin,

I've recently returned from a month's holidaying around the Far East and I noticed that there were quite a few British and European magazines on sale in the, many, model shops I visited. Obviously there were many more Chinese and Japanese magazines on sale but the only one's that I can remember at the moment are Model Graphix and Model Art.

In Europe I think there are Euromodelisimo and Modelar. The US has a good magazine; Finescale Modeler

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

In Italy we have Sky Model, the publisher link is here:

http://www.aurigapublishing.it/index_en.asp

There's also an English language issue, even if I believe you'd be interested more in the Italian version for your products. Haven't bought an issue in a while, however they used to have a review section, I believe this is still there. In any case, I can have a look the next time I'm at a newsagent and let you know

Wingmasters in France is one of the best, if not the best, aviation modelling magazine in the world...

Well, far from it, in my opinion, for various reasons.

On the opposite, Steel Masters is rising again, thanks to the efforts of a new chief redactor.

But there are bad news coming from the editor.

Wait and see.

Well, far from it, in my opinion, for various reasons.

On the opposite, Steel Masters is rising again, thanks to the efforts of a new chief redactor.

But there are bad news coming from the editor.

Wait and see.

Antoine,

Rédacteur en chef : editor

Editeur : publisher

What's the problem with H&C ?

Cheers,

S.

Indeed... my modelling interests have drifted away from 1/48 aircraft, so I don't buy it very often these days, but a few years ago I was very impressed. It's got thinner, but the mix of model-building, history and marking schemes still seems as good as ever, and the "hors-series" issues are comprehensive and well-produced...

I'm intrigued to know what makes you say "far from it"...?

bestest,

M.

Martin, please contact me off post [email protected]. I have spent an entire 40 year working life in print media including this industry since 1998.

I can reassure you that I do not have a commercial interest in any magazine titles and can give you an independent overview of what is out there from a media buyers point of view.

• Like 1

Indeed... my modelling interests have drifted away from 1/48 aircraft, so I don't buy it very often these days, but a few years ago I was very impressed. It's got thinner, but the mix of model-building, history and marking schemes still seems as good as ever, and the "hors-series" issues are comprehensive and well-produced...

I'm intrigued to know what makes you say "far from it"...?

bestest,

M.

You just have to put the last issues of those mags in front of you, you'll clearly see that WM is a spent design, that is 20 years behind today's SM.

Beside, I consider WM to be just an expensive model show, less the possibility to discuss with the authors.

On the other way, you can learn reading WM.

• 3 weeks later...

Germany has Modell Fan. It's the oldest surviving mag (now 41 years old), but I stopped buying it when I strtaed to work and got more involved in collecting rather than building. "They" fairly recently changed publishers, and I can't advise on their current concept.