Can anyone tell me why there is so little aftermarket (especially PE) for the Italeri Tornado IDS?

You can find a lot of it for the Hobby Boss kit but almost nothing for the Italeri one!

There's the Neomega cockpit

http://www.neomega-resin.com/148th-tornado-gr-1-143-p.asp

Flightpath do several items

http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_48th_Post_War_RAF_RN.html

Checked the previous Tornado STGB in the archived GB's, some great links in there too. Whilst there I noticed the date for the GB. Just a coincidence or a good bit of timing by Mish?........spooky.

Did I get it correctly - GB starts 6th june, but entries can be up to 25% started. Does that mean that I can start building tomorrow morning, but not post before saturday? (if so, I'd start as quickly as possible - 3 month is a tight timeframe for my models!)

Alex

• Like 1

Checked the previous Tornado STGB in the archived GB's, some great links in there too. Whilst there I noticed the date for the GB. Just a coincidence or a good bit of timing by Mish?........spooky.

Sorry, I must be missing something, can't see the date correlation

Did I get it correctly - GB starts 6th june, but entries can be up to 25% started. Does that mean that I can start building tomorrow morning, but not post before saturday? (if so, I'd start as quickly as possible - 3 month is a tight timeframe for my models!)

Alex

Not now you've announced it, you could have got it to 25% then posted a photo saying is this okay and got it in that way.

But even that is not really in the spirit of things is it?

Can anyone tell me what colour for an Italian IDS Tornado?

Saw somewhere (and the instruction says so) it is FS36320 but lifecolour has a Tornado interior colour which is FS26329.

Anyone for an answer for this one?

Alex

That's how I see it! 😬 Tight time frame for me too, 4 kids tends to suck up the spare time!

I'm not one to usually take part in group builds as I work really slow and hate the pressure, but count me in this one as it's for Merv.

It will probably be the 1/72 dambusters special scheme.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me what colour for an Italian IDS Tornado?

Saw somewhere (and the instruction says so) it is FS36320 but lifecolour has a Tornado interior colour which is FS26329.

Anyone for an answer for this one?

FS36280

• Like 1

For those of you that are concerned about the time frame for the GB.

There will be no closing on the gallery, no poll just a lasting memorial and tribute to Merv. You can carry on updating your build thread and posting to the Gallery past the end date, but in fairness to all the other GBs I can only keep this STGB pinned as current for a period of time.

I hope that helps everyone.

• Like 6

Does anyone have details of what Tornado Squadrons Merv served and when ? Since this STGB is a tribute to a fellow Britmodeller, I'd like to try and build one of "his" aircrafts

I know he was based at RAF Bruggan Giorgio, I seem to recall 9 Sqn was his squadron but I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm. You're right in what you say, I was going to build my Revell Kit as a GR4 in the new 15 Sqn anniversary scheme until this GB came along. I'm now going to do a 2 Sqn green and grey camo scheme from Bruggan.

Muzz

Does anyone have details of what Tornado Squadrons Merv served and when ? Since this STGB is a tribute to a fellow Britmodeller, I'd like to try and build one of "his" aircrafts

I think he spent most of his time on 17 Sqn given the fact he wore a lot of pin badges and polo shirts with the crest on, although he did spend time on 9 Sqn as mentioned too.

He also spent time on detachments in the Gulf War and in the Falklands

Mish

That's a good date to start it was Merv,s Birthday I think 6th June 1967.

It was indeed I forgot that.

As Muzz says he was at RAF Bruggan from 89 till 97/98 But I don't recall what Squadron/s he worked on.

Thanks Chris, we posted together

• Like 1