Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf F 1/35 Tamiya

Hi All :)

I would like to show you all model that I have done for Ahtung panzer gb.

This is well know kit from Tamiya Pz.Kpfw II in 1/35 scale.

I have done this kit straight OOB. I have drilled out barrels and exhoust plus I have drill out hedlamps pait them silver inside and filled with Vallejo still water.

For painting I have used Mr colour dunkelgelb and for weathering various pigments and filter.

This was very nice and enjoable build.

I hope that You will like it as well.

Link for wip http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980592-pzkpfwii-ausf-f-135-tamiya-done/?p=1964795

And comments and criticks are welcome

Cheers

Pawel

P1010673_zpshugdtdfh.jpgP1010684_zps3un323rz.jpg

P1010683_zpsoiojkjnb.jpg

P1010671_zpsajwac74i.jpg

P1010672_zpslejbk8e4.jpg

P1010677_zpss0m8alwb.jpg

P1010676_zpse2wl6eyp.jpg

P1010674_zpsxsoeanyi.jpg

And two with bigger brother :)

P1010678_zpspanjcby4.jpg

P1010679_zpsi2bwc579.jpg

• Like 13

Good T-2! But. I would glue vinyl tracks to the rollers. They are "hovering" a bit, and that's not nice.

• Like 1

Good T-2! But. I would glue vinyl tracks to the rollers. They are "hovering" a bit, and that's not nice.

Yes you're right but I'm waiting for tracks from Bronco to replace this vinyl ones.... tracks are coming from Korea

Cheers

Great job on this, and in the right hands these older kits still hold their own against newer kits of the day.

Was going to question the use of dunkelgelb on an Afrika vehicle, but your weathering and filters does bring it closer to the official desert brown of the period. The photos in GB gallery look much better colour wise. Appears the black background here has confused the camera, giving a stronger green hue to the vehicles?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Appears the black background here has confused the camera, giving a stronger green hue to the vehicles?

Yes. Since you mention it I have compared pictures on a white and black background and black one does do that.

I have to avoid using it in the future.It is hard to do realistic pictures of a model :mental:

P1010687_zpsofd6j2nv.jpg

P1010689_zpsdpadheyp.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Pawel. As I said during your GB thread for this; you have a real knack for this AFV malarkey!! Brilliant model building, painting and weathering. Superb!! Well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Very nicely-done. Btw, this tank was almost bereft of its yellow paint by the time of Alamein (as photos of it after capture show) :) The sandstorms were quite abrasive, obviously.

• Like 1

Very good Pawel. Some great weathering too. Joe

• Like 1