Hawker Typhoon Bubbletop 1/24

Hello there Britmodeller. This is my first model posted on here. I finished up the big Airfix Typhoon, and wanted to see what you all think about it. The only things I added to it were the Airscale Instrument decals, Barracuda Wheels, and Maketar masks for all of the markings. I've always wanted to build a shark mouth Typhoon, and the opportunity finally presented itself with this marvelous kit. Hard to say something that hasn't been said about it, it's a beautiful piece of plastic once you get past all of the seam clean-up on the parts. I'm sure some people may have seen this over on LSP or Aeroscale, but wanted to post it here for you guys as well.

Let me know what you think about it please so I can improve. All comments and critiques are welcome.

001_zpsauvqcbk4.jpg

003_zps1a7jxslu.jpg

004_zpsi4561hu1.jpg

006_zps4dl4zspq.jpg

007_zpsal499xi8.jpg

010_zpsefhjojmj.jpg

012_zpsumyxs5ej.jpg

013_zpsvgengzb6.jpg

008_zpsdz5vqqtc.jpg

015_zpst7hk1fqm.jpg

016_zpshl7ysnmp.jpg

018_zps1x88rnea.jpg

019_zpsrztrv0ch.jpg

020_zpsthawk0ao.jpg

021_zpsx1qypjoj.jpg

024_zpsy1hoacnl.jpg

025_zpskdp2ybdt.jpg

029_zpstoosbtpi.jpg

030_zpso8jthc8n.jpg

032_zpsyhoxo1dm.jpg

034_zpswthqdpe7.jpg

035_zps4zeawqvb.jpg

036_zpsfchno1gy.jpg

037_zpsi28vq4d3.jpg

031_zpsfy0egzej.jpg

027_zpsnsp8dyes.jpg

022_zpswzrampcs.jpg

The weathering was all accomplished with a mix of airbrush, oil paint filtering, and AK Interactive weathering products.

Matt

• Like 42

Wow!! That is truely awesome!! Great first model on BM!! Fantastic on every level! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Edited by PlaStix

Stunning build and finish,the detail work and painting is outstanding that really is Museum quality work,you should be very proud of what you have achieved!

That is about as good as it gets. I'm going to pack all my modelling stuff away and take up fly fishing. :)

As you asked for any constructive criticism to help with future builds, the only negative comment I would offer is that the panel line shading and rivet wash seem too uniform. It looks a bit like a grid has been laid over the rest of the paint work. I would suggest using a lighter tone and a bit of variation for the rivet highlighting and less uniformity for the panel line shading. Some lines like you've done (usually well used maintenance panels), some more subtle, and some not at all.

Other than that, it is a very well done and truly stunning looking model. Absolutely incredible. I'd be absolutely chuffed (and quite surprised) if I could get mine looking like that.

Cheers,

Motty.

• Like 1

A thing of beauty!
The weathering is spot on, especially the dirt around the tail wheel.
Very impressive work :goodjob:

Hi Matt, it is a wonderful model you have made and gives the impression that it has just been plucked out of it's environment. I like the splatter staining you have achieved on the tanks at the side of the main landing gear especially.

Andrew.