SS-23 Spider - HobbyBoss 1/35

SS-23 Spider

OTR-23 Oka

HobbyBoss 1/35

Managed to finish the big Spider today (still trying to find space for it in the display cabinet). Built pretty much OOB with a few subtle enhancements here and there. It's a nice kit although Hobbyboss have simplified a few details and the interior is far from accurate but you can't see that much of it with the missile in place.

Lots and lots of fiddly PE which made the purchase of a hold & fold essential. Finished in Slovak colours which makes a nice change from Russian green.

The WIP is here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977804-ss-23-spider-hobby-boss-135/

Hope you enjoy the shots

17356600716_c086f27760_c.jpg

17175086917_71c9d51cc2_c.jpg

17194980870_53639bf86f_c.jpg

17356592146_9af046ea9e_c.jpg

17196311819_fbd5231db9_c.jpg

17196309399_c3f88e5812_c.jpg

16760005524_7e21c4dc35_c.jpg

16760000304_37124a326d_c.jpg

17194724668_dfed308de7_c.jpg

17194953680_fcd150ee78_c.jpg

16762228923_2d9f6225b0_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 20

That is absolutely superb!! One of the most impressive AFVs I have seen on Britmodeller! Stunning work all around! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1

Well, another jawdropper :) Fantastic build. I was watching closely the whole process of making it and I am mightly impressed. Great build with great painting scheme and really sublime and spot-on weathering. Well done. Truly is.

Dawid

• Like 1

A bit like all your other work Andy, VERY impressive stuff! I like it a lot :)

By the way mine's had a bit of a set back and very nearly on it's way to the breakers yard :hanging:

• Like 1

That is another absolutely fantastic model to emerge from your workbench Andy! Really lovely paint & weathering & your usual superb photography to show it all to its best advantage!!

Cracking work all round again!

Keith

• Like 1

Andy, congratulations on another absolutely fantastic finished build! I hadn't been following your WIP, but having just read through it, I am so impressed by the amount of detail and the quality of work that goes into every aspect of your builds.

Awesome stuff!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone

By the way mine's had a bit of a set back and very nearly on it's way to the breakers yard :hanging:

I've just read the update on your blog. Sounds like it was touch and go for a while but you seem to be on top of it now but I noticed you've lost one of those wonderfully fun to fit tread plates on the nose :wicked:

Andy

A tremendously great job on this, topped off with an extremely professional presentation - all of which is inspiring and something to aspire to.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Thanks everyone

I've just read the update on your blog. Sounds like it was touch and go for a while but you seem to be on top of it now but I noticed you've lost one of those wonderfully fun to fit tread plates on the nose :wicked:

Andy

LOL those things are forever pinging off, Carpet Monster fodder :D

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing! Great work! For all other comments you'll need a beep.

• Like 1

No words...... this is an absolutly unbelievable kit! A fantastic model......... no words could describe it !!!!

Gratulations for that wonderful model!