1/48 - AMD-BA Super Etendard (SuE) & Super Etendard Modernisé (SEM) by Kinetic - released - new SEM boxing

Homebee

Looks promising from these pics - nice to see the Afghanistan/Libya options there with requisite pods/weapons :)

Be interesting to see the four S/Etendard kits side by side when all [incl AMK/KIttyhawk] are finally out.

Edited by azzaob

Thanks for the link but I don't read the stuff over on that site…..until their members desist from rubbishing every other kit that appears on the market and start doing some serious lobbying with the kit manufacturers in the forums 'host' country to actually produce some kits of their own, I'll not visit out of principle…..sorry

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally received the new Kinetic Super Etendard kit today and finally I appear to have a decent kit of one of my favourite aircraft - I had become somewhat frustrated with new releases of some of my favorites recently and after two major disappointments with the Kittyhawk SEPECAT Jaguar and Dassault Mirage F.1 family I did not hold out high hopes for the others. I've taken the plunge with the Kinetic SuE/SEM, which looks very nice, although I have every confidence AMK will raise the bar even further with their rendition - I suspect I will give the KH kit a miss though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soon by Skunk Model - ref.?

- tow tractor

- boarding ladder

- GBU-49 + AUSF2 pylon

- LL5021 decoy launcher

- CRM280 recce pod

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/videos/577420839091698/

V.P.

I'll probably end up getting one of these sets, as I've already got one of the kits and would like to give it a typical Afghanistan load out, although personally I think that these extra weapons and recce pod should have been in the base kit, maybe Kinetic rushed this one into production knowing that Kittyhawk and AMK were both planning their own kits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - AMD-BA Super Etendard (SuE) & Super Etendard Modernisé (SEM) by Kinetic - released - new boxing announced

New boxing announced - ref. 48140 - AMD-BA Super Étendard (SuE)/ Super Étendard Modernisé (SEM)

Model Features:

1. Folding Wings option

2. Full Intake Trunk

3. Two Cockpit Panels: SuE and SEM

4. Positionable Flaps

5. Weapon includes: Exocet Missile, MAGIC Missile with pylon, RP1 - 595L, RP23 wing tank, RP24 - 600L fuselage tank, Damocles LGB designator, IFR Pod, Barracuda 2 jammer, Phimat Chaff dispenser, Alkan LL 5081 chaff-flare dispenser, CRM 280 Recon Pod, GBU-49

Sources: 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48140

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=206664345042171&set=a.202747798767159

Box art

312277157-10162024709937678-717143454325

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - AMD-BA Super Etendard (SuE) & Super Etendard Modernisé (SEM) by Kinetic - released - new SEM boxing