First Post Airfix 1/72 Defiant

Ok, here goes my second attempt at posting! Here, folks, is the first model i've completed this year, and the first i,ve posted at BM. Most of you will be familiar with this on by now as i've seen plenty of nice examples posted already. Hopefully you have time for one more! I think this is one of Airfix's nicest 1/72 kits so far, and built up very easily. The only "snag" i had was lining up the fuselage halves, which produced a little step at the nose end. Other than that it was a very enjoyable build.The model is finished in brush painted Humbrol acrylics, and weathered with Humbrol powders. Decals are from Hannants Xtradecal sheet for the Defiant and depicts a machine from the RCAF based at Drem in 1941. Hope you like!

IMG_0795_zpszc8jc6tc.jpg

IMG_0794_zpsxlsgt4sc.jpg

IMG_0793_zpsuiqjmnx3.jpg

IMG_0792_zpslhk7huvc.jpg

• Like 26

Like it ? Love it ! Congratulation to your first posted build here, Gregor !

A very nice build and an excellent masking job !

As all the other AX Defiants its a great looking model and look really sharp in black. Can t wait to see your next one :-)

Well done ! :wow::thumbsup:

• Like 1

New Airfix tool. The old one was now obsolete.

A very nice small and cheap kit.

No need much money for a pretty plane: paticularly weathering.

• Like 1

Nicely done. What was your method when using the Humbrol powders? How did you get it to "stick".

Hi Andy, the weathering powders are simply brushed on, then scrubbed with an old toothbrush to look washed out. There were no instructions for use. You can wash em off again with water if the effect isn't what you are after. Its more subtle than dry brushing, i think. Thanks for looking :winkgrin:

Like it ? Love it ! Congratulation to your first posted build here, Gregor !

A very nice build and an excellent masking job !

As all the other AX Defiants its a great looking model and look really sharp in black. Can t wait to see your next one :-)

Well done ! :wow::thumbsup:

Cheers mate! Thanks for all youre help getting me started. The Mossie will be next, as its nearing completion.... :thumbsup:

Nice work Gregor, glad to see you posting mate.

It is a p.i.t.a. but we all have to do it.

I like t subtle staining,

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Thanks Simon. Posting was a bit tricky to start with but i'm getting the hang of it.

• Like 1

Its great to see your Defiant here, Gregor and that mean, everything has worked very well. Congratulations :bounce:

• Like 1

What an excellent first post. Very well done Greg. Some nice photos too. Now you've got the first one under your belt, we will look forward to your next post. Joe

• Like 1

Good work Gregor!

Hi Andy, the weathering powders are simply brushed on, then scrubbed with an old toothbrush to look washed out. There were no instructions for use. You can wash em off again with water if the effect isn't what you are after. Its more subtle than dry brushing, i think. Thanks for looking :winkgrin:

There's a video on Humbrol weathering products here. I may need to get some!

• Like 1

Great first post of one of your models Greg!! Looks fantastic! Hopefully we'll see many more of your models in future. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Louie & Stix, thank you for the praise, I'm not worthy! I have to say for my first posting i'm surprised and humbled by the response from everyone. I will certainly make the effort to post more of my builds, and once again many thanks :D

• Like 1

Good work Gregor!

There's a video on Humbrol weathering products here. I may need to get some!

Thanks for the link Ced, I finally got round to watching the vid. Looks promising... :)