Bill Elliott/McDonalds '96 Thunderbird

Kit - 1:25 AMT/Ertl

Paint - Body & chassis, Tamiya acrylic. Engine & details, Tamiya, Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels.

Decals - Kit.

Extras - None

1_zpsql1hogu8.jpg

3_zpszabpxvqu.jpg

4_zps1kr8chft.jpg

5_zpswj79forc.jpg

8_zpswxduag7y.jpg

9_zpsrd24hnfq.jpg

This was started in November 2012 and sent to the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness' when I scr*w*d-up the soft edge demarcation between the red/yellow and white on the nose, and it stayed there until three weeks ago after a chat about car modelling in general and NASCAR modelling in particular between a few of us on another (US based) site. Well here it is three weeks after that exchange and I'm quite pleased with the result.

Make no mistake, this was always going to be a 'cabinet sitter', it'll never see a competition table and the nearest model club is an hours' flight away. No, this is my way to re-learn those very particular skills needed for NASCAR kits, and that-in-mind, this wee thing is 100% perfect.

As ever, thanks for taking the time to look, please be free with any criticisms, questions or comments.

AFN.

Ian.

• Like 3

Nice, glad you won the battle with the car as it looks lovely. I have got the NASCAR bug again, Chevy Monte Carlo on the bench atm.

Si

• Like 1

Well there's interesting guys.... First, thanks for the comments really appreciate them; second, I have Terry Labonte's 97 Kellogg's Monte Carlo on the bench right now, and was only looking at my 2001 Tony Stewart Pontiac (in the stash) last night.

You can check on the Monte Carlo build here if you want:

http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/pro-racing/150414-breakfast-with-texas-terry

AFN

Ian.

• Like 1