MFH 1/24 Aston Martin DP214

Good tips, thank you gentlemen! What I am trying to replicate is the fine braided lines on the carbs from the photos above.

Try Detail Master, they have a whole page of braided hose and fittings in 1:24

Ian

Ian's correct, Detail Master should have what you're looking for: http://www.detailmaster.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=b70e60acacadc64ca219b35e51ad4adb&Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=detailmaster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Postman came today with the Detail Master braided hose; it's gorgeous stuff!

Not much work since the last update but this was never going to be a two-week build.

Thanks for the kind comments Rishi!

• 1 month later...

A quick update on this one.

No further ahead with the main assemblies, but I am trying to get the bonnet looking nice. The kit part is white metal and there are quite a few pitted areas that really showed up under a coat of primer. So the paint was stripped, the bonnet filled and then sanded back and polished before another attempt at priming.

The filled areas look great now, but sanding has revealed more pitted areas! Back to square one...

Great progress so far and I'm following this with great interest. The DP214 is a regular feature at classic racing events and I've been lucky enough to see it a number of times. Hopefully it will be at the Silverstone Classic later this month (my absolute favourite event of they year, Christmas, New Year, birthday, included!) The original also features in a couple of Tim Layzell pictures, prints of which I have on the walls at home.

Those wheels are great aren't they? I made up a set for a Fujimi 250 GTO I made a few years ago and they really do give a fantastic effect.

Really looking forward to seeing this one unfold.

Cheers,

Roger

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Well, it had reached the shelf of doom until my New Year's Resolution 2016, which is that I will finish everything that I have started and not start anything else until the bench is cleared.

I was thinking of entering this into the Made in Britain GB, it's certainly less than 25% started, more like less than 1%!

So, yes, it will be ressurected very soon.

• 2 months later...