Airfix 1:24 Harrier GR3 - 4 Sqd, RAF Guttersloh 1992

Afternoon folks.

I decided just after Christmas to start both the Airfix 1:24 Harrier GR3 and the Trumpy 1:32 Lightning - why I have no idea and I won't be doing anything that daft again!

I am really pleased with the Harrier despite the amount of filler needed (a whole tube)! I decided early on to do both kits 'in flight' which actually makes the build more difficult as 'closed gear doors' are a nightmare to fit and get to 'look right'. Anyway its been an enjoyable build overall and it is OOB. I used Mr Color for the camo and did this freehand with the airbrush and I think it looks quite effective.

Hope you like it

Chris

Hun-8_zps868ibdol.jpgHun-9_zpsk1nhql8a.jpgHun-10_zpshwnq83lk.jpgHun-10_zpshwnq83lk.jpgHun-14_zpst6xpusof.jpgHun-15_zpsz91g4hnt.jpgHun-16_zpsed9ngfhc.jpg

• Like 37

Wow, that look's stunning. As Steve say's, well worth the effort (and a whole tube of filler!) The paint job is especially nice, how did you get the variation in tone with the green?

Thanks for sharing,

Nick

That is a breathtakingly beautiful build. Put your right arm over your left shoulder and give yourself a little pat on the back from me. I wish I could do such work.

Wow, that look's stunning. As Steve say's, well worth the effort (and a whole tube of filler!) The paint job is especially nice, how did you get the variation in tone with the green?

Thanks for sharing,

Nick

Thanks Nick - my technique is quite simple! I add white to both the green and the grey to lighten up the colour. I usually over do it a bit which is fine as I then over spray with a diluted mix of the main colour to balance it all out.

Many thanks for your kind comments - glad you liked the stand!

I have the SHAR to do next but think I will get rid of the rivets for that one. The main thing I found with this build is that there seems to be naff all in terms of aftermarket. It's the same for the SHAR - I can only find one set of decals - bizarre really when you think these kits have been around since the 70's!

Chris

Fantastic.my lad has literally just been talking about getting this kit...very nice indeed

Daz