Grayson

The minging continues...

20150506_191529_zpsca5hbwzx.jpg

20150506_191658_zpsm1ee2viw.jpg

20150506_191636_zpsxyntjzch.jpg

20150506_191658_zpsm1ee2viw.jpg

20150506_191705_zpsj2zqur92.jpg

Too much?

It's starting to turn into the Millenium Falcon of wehrmacht halftracks I think.

NO...I just LOVE it!It would a trifle excessive if it was paint IMO, but if it's a layer of mud it's simply PERFECT!I'd suggest you,if I may,to add some gray to the inner surfaces of the cab and cargo....and leave the rest as is!

Some may like it some may not....I'd run out of superlatives! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Cheers

Manu

Edited by Canuck63
  • Like 1

Cracking work on the weathering, does your day job include "distressing" antiques, perchance? I particularly like the streaked effect on the flat bed, suggesting a lot of stuff having been 'shoved on' and 'dragged off' the back. As for the underside of the arches, I was half expecting to see some barnacles there, though I'm not sure that the Wermacht had masking tape THAT large to hold the tailgate up?! :winkgrin:

Can't wait to see the gun and carriage...

Kev

• Like 1

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I've been away for 11 days and just getting set up to get back on with this though the 200 litre tamiya fuel drums to go on the load deck have me gnashing my teeth. They're wrong in so many ways and I can't find a set that is right. Well have to overcome and adapt.

I've started the 88mm too.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I've been away for 11 days and just getting set up to get back on with this though the 200 litre tamiya fuel drums to go on the load deck have me gnashing my teeth. They're wrong in so many ways and I can't find a set that is right. Well have to overcome and adapt.

I've started the 88mm too.

Why don't you give these a try...http://www.modelvictoria.it/accessories.htm

The Drums are beautiful,all-resin and even if they're Regio Esercito/Marina/Aeronautica Issue they were extensively used by the Germans as well!

HTH

Manu

• Like 1

They're really nice. you prompted me to dig deeper and I found the Aber end caps in photo-etch at 1/35 but can't find anywhere that has them in stock this side of Hong Kong.

I also found these and have emailed a stock request. http://storymodels.com/en/diorama-accessories/1208-eureka-xxl-1-35-german-200-l-fuel-drums-set-1.html

eureka-xxl-1-35-german-200-l-fuel-drums-

The Tamiya ones have an end cap filler hole and Wehrmacht 200 litre drums did not have this feature. Side filler caps only. I can modify the Tamiya set, but you end up with a blank end cap, so Aber or the Eureka drums are the way to go I think.

• Like 1