This is a Cyber-Hobby kit in 1/35 scale. A number of PE sets were used, as well as Atak's resin zimmerit set. Individual track links were constructed from AFV Club.

This was part of 'Achtung Panzer' GB, so a wip can be found here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975397-jagdpanzer-iv-lehr-div-normandy/

-------------------------------------

The unit depicted is from Panzer Lehr Division. Beginning of April '44, 31 of these vehicles were infused into the tank hunting battalion (including towed 7.5cm PaK 40). During the first hours of D-Day, the division was ordered to move towards Caen and await further orders.

16698923553_832f7b9db0_b.jpg

The vehicle portrayed is possibly that of Lieutenant Werner, acting commander of the first company of Panzerjäger-Lehr-Abteilung 130. On June 10 1944, his formation was sent forth to aid a sister panzer grenadier unit. Their command post, situated west of Tilley, was under attack by five British tanks. All five of the enemy vehicles were either destroyed or put out of commission.

-------------------------------------------

17082891988_90249b7643_b.jpg

17268872292_763883b53a_b.jpg

17270656905_e788241bd5_b.jpg

17270139881_c446ddacec_b.jpg

16650432173_7830093b0b_b.jpg

17270136951_a3f6b37389_b.jpg

17084449529_3d48030bda_b.jpg

17270644735_c50027d29f_b.jpg

17063240327_4db36f6697_b.jpg

17082894588_2be800ee4f_b.jpg

17270145391_b8a72f3393_b.jpg

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 23

Love it Jack, but figures far to pristine for guy's who have been in contact with war and working this very nice weathered vehicle,' I jest'.

Very very nice work mon du.

Great close ups .

:goodjob:

foxy :coolio:

• Like 1

Superb Jack, You've made a first class job. The figures are so life like and so well painted. The photography is excellent as well.

Very well done, Joe

• Like 1

That is a fantastic looking model.

The figures are very impressive too, as is to whole scene its set in.

Great photography! :goodjob:

• Like 1

What a superb looking model, you can tell by looking at that a lot of work went into that.

It is probably wrong for me to say, as I wouldn't know where to start with figure painting, but I agree with Foxy, in that they look far to pristine.

Tim.

• Like 1

foxy, Pete (Buzby061), Joe (Fatboydim), Bangor Lad, doozer1974, PlaStix, Alan 47, Carius, Steve Scanlon, JimHead23, fredben, mick, Foghorn Leghorn, HL-10, Roger (Hamden), Calum, Tim (tank152), batcode, and mikesmodels - hey guys!

Thank you all for the comments, very appreciated.

Also welcomed is constructive feedback, anything pointed out that could be improved upon is very valuable in the learning process. Point taken about the crew figures. Could be I both over thought and missed some other observances. As presented, the tankers are wearing summer issue uniforms, and being spring season, I didn't consider them to have been dirtied at all. The vehicle also has not seen any combat, and is in the process of arriving to the front (but maybe the added historical narrative should not have been included?).

That being said, the road travel certainly would add a good layer of dust to the vehicle surfaces. The crew definitely would transfer some of this dust onto themselves, while climbing in and out of the hatches. I will see what I can do about this, and post an update here if it is worthy.

regards,
Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 3

I don't see how you could update your model Jack. I think you really nailed it.

• Like 1

Also welcomed is constructive feedback, anything pointed out that could be improved upon is very valuable in the learning process. Point taken about the crew figures. Could be I both over thought and missed some other observances. As presented, the tankers are wearing summer issue uniforms, and being spring season, I didn't consider them to have been dirtied at all. The vehicle also has not seen any combat, and is in the process of arriving to the front (but maybe the added historical narrative should not have been included?).

That being said, the road travel certainly would add a good layer of dust to the vehicle surfaces. The crew definitely would transfer some of this dust onto themselves, while climbing in and out of the hatches. I will see what I can do about this, and post an update here if it is worthy.

regards,

Jack

Exactly as you said, the vehicle is relatively new, and has just arrived at the front. The vehicle and crews weathering looks just right. Great work, lovely looking models.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, Fatboydim and HL-10.

Here's a few more shots of the crew with added dirt. Quite simple fix really, just some powered pigments in select areas. Applied with a soft brush, and then a little scrubbing with a stiffer synthetic one. I think it looks better, and the added colour ties them better with the ground base.

17277342396_03ed2101fa_b.jpg

17277341146_314b434cb8_b.jpg

regards,

Jack

• Like 5