1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-28P "Firebar" by Bobcat Hobby Model Kits (ex-Xuntong) - released - Miniworld air intakes

Homebee

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Actually Radders, I have a spare Trumpy Flagon A in the stash which will make the job a lot easier than you may think. The forward fuselage/nose, wings and tailplane/fin were standard short nose Yak-28P so almost everything is in the box, just need a sheet of Evergreen, tub of P.38 and the ever needed Elbow Grease...and decent reference images of course.

If you ever get around to this, would you mind donating part E1 from the Su-15 to me, assuming you don't use it? Unfortunately I lost mine :(  I'd be really grateful if you could bear it in mind :)

Will the Yak-28 feature in AMW?

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon,  I started it many years ago, (as is well known it needed a lot of work so got put aside indefinitely) unfortunately the fuselage was fully assembled, I'll see if the piece can be easily removed without damage and let you know.

Yes, one of them will be appearing in print, not decided which version yet though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Hi Jon,  I started it many years ago, (as is well known it needed a lot of work so got put aside indefinitely) unfortunately the fuselage was fully assembled, I'll see if the piece can be easily removed without damage and let you know.

Yes, one of them will be appearing in print, not decided which version yet though...

No worries. I am in no rush - I've already built the TM and only bought the Flagon-A to replace part E1 (fortunately I was in China and the donor kit was much cheaper than in the UK)! The latter is unlikely to be built by me for a good many years, so don't detain yourself in fiddling with your fuselage - just bear me in mind if you ever decide to throw it away ;)

I shall look forward to the build article in the future. RM attempted to deliver mine today while I was sleeping off a night shift and I shall have to wait until Saturday to receive it.

Jon

• Like 1

RM attempted to deliver mine today while I was sleeping off a night shift and I shall have to wait until Saturday to receive it.

An advantage of working from home......I'll certainly hang to to the Flagon. Actually the Melchett Memorial Man-Cave is starting to resemble Monino now with Firebars, Foxbats, Blinders, Backfires and Fishbeds all over the place.....a heady time for us fans of Soviet Cold War hardware...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, general melchett said:

An advantage of working from home......I'll certainly hang to to the Flagon. Actually the Melchett Memorial Man-Cave is starting to resemble Monino now with Firebars, Foxbats, Blinders, Backfires and Fishbeds all over the place.....a heady time for us fans of Soviet Cold War hardware...

Indeed. Pay a visit to my website (www.jonbryon.com) and you'll see I've recently done a MiG-15, 17, 19, 21 an L-29...and I'm about to finish three more MiG-21s in NMF...all in USSR markings :) What I'd really like is a Flashlight and Fiddler in 1/48...one can but dream!

34 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Actually the Melchett Memorial Man-Cave is starting to resemble Monino now with Firebars, Foxbats, Blinders, Backfires and Fishbeds all over the place.

On any other non aviation minded forum, you might get peoples suspicions going with that sentence!

• Like 2

I've seen them Jon and superb they are, as are all your models on the site I'd recommend folks pop over to have a look.

I'd love to see a 1/48th Mangrove and Flashlight but the ultimate for me would be a Fiddler, you just never know......

Thanks James, on reflection it does look a bit dodgy :analintruder:  

• Like 2

On 31/1/2017 at 9:08 PM, Tim T said:

I am still waiting for mine to arrive from Lucky Model, but the conversation here is keeping my spirits up.  Counting the days...

- I've just got mine  tuesday from L.M..:penguin::penguin::penguin:

• Like 1

On 28/01/2017 at 15:17, general melchett said:

Quite right Thomo, travelled the A5 way too many times :doh:. The Memsahib's uncle was a crew chief at Scampton and also recounts leaving the house sharpish on Mickey Finns... 

Where about in Waddington do you live? Anywhere near Lotus Close? This is where my family lived when my father was 'cheify' on 617.I have Lots of stories to tell, including my father taking me down to see the second unit filming at Waddo for  theJames Bond film Thunderball.  The Waddo gatehouse is instantly recognisable, when one watches the film back.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

• 2 weeks later...

got mine today!

:):)

I know late compared to others here, but still!

very impressive model, 

some great WIPs with interesting references already in the Cold war Group build going on now :

among them a camouflaged one :)687ffe783858.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Really interesting, wish it was on sale round here!

It took me a few moments to realise that the engine nacelles were the bits between the fuselage halves, for a second I was thinking that they were different fuselage sections for the front or back, which would have made it a long old beast. Then I realised what they were! Hope someone does a build review soon

Les

On 4/23/2017 at 7:24 AM, lesthegringo said:

Really interesting, wish it was on sale round here!

It took me a few moments to realise that the engine nacelles were the bits between the fuselage halves, for a second I was thinking that they were different fuselage sections for the front or back, which would have made it a long old beast. Then I realised what they were! Hope someone does a build review soon

Les

Not sure whereabouts you are Les but one of the blokes at Metro Hobbies in the Melbourne CBD said they'd be getting it in. I got mine at Luckymodel.

I've not seen a formal review but there are three builds here on Britmodeller - Hewy's and mine are here and here - it's a nice kit. And it is a long old beast!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...