Amodel 1/72nd Beech 1900C & D

Radleigh

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The published sprues ( except for the transparencies ) looked really good and I always wanted to have one of these but my mistake experience with the Amodel's Yakolev jets just scare me off.

They are getting better... I have the An-71 which went together really well... it's in for paint at the moment, also the Be-12P (see WIP section) went together fairly well too, needed a little bit of filler and plastic to support the wing, but nothing to major!

Go on, you know you want to..... ;)

• Like 3

I definitely commend Amodel for putting out a series of 1/72 twin turboprops. the Jet Stream 31 and Piaggio P.180 are particularly appreciated.

I'll happily give the Beech 1900 in all forms a pass, however. That's one aircraft I could never like the looks of, especially the 1900D. When I see all those extra little flying surfaces sticking out all over the place, it just looks like a very amateurish design that needed more sorting out at the drawing board and wind tunnel stages.

That said, a good injection molded King Air in 1/72 would a Beech product I could get behind. I hope Amodel has that in the pipeline somewhere.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The published sprues ( except for the transparencies ) looked really good and I always wanted to have one of these but my mistake experience with the Amodel's Yakolev jets just scare me off.

Nah! Don't be scared off! You just need a little patience and a will to add the subject to your collection! Thats how I manage to complete the AModel kits to mine and those are 1/144!

Get yourself a cheap 1/144th Amodel kit to build to practise on. They are very pleasing to build, my Be-12P is nearly done so you can check it out if you haven't seen it.

I have another to build and will do things differently now I've built one, also got a An-71 that I'm painting at the moment... but no photos online. They are a bit of a challange but are great, accurate subjects that I need to build.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I completed my first Amodel kit earlier this year and this Beechcraft 1900C Air Ambulance would complement it beautifully and I will be ordering one for sure.  I notice the new brand name SOVA-M can anyone tell me any more about them?  Thanks Homebee for the post.

Another one I have to have! There were some nice Impulse Airlines schemes for the 1900D - the cocky one, especially ... (try Googling it - can't post piccies at the moment thanks to Photo*ucket!)

• Like 1

The plastic parts look great, the transparencies look vastly improved to what they were churning out a couple of years ago, my last reservation are the decals, i have always found a-model decals unusable and that is a pretty big question mark on a civil airliner were aftermarket may be impossible to come by, anybody tried a-model decals lately ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

New boxing by SOVA-M - ref. SVM-72041 - Beechcraft 1900D - Central Mountain Air (C-FCMU) 

Sources: 

https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/beechcraft-1900d-c-fcmu-191

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/en/modelling/beechcraft-1900d-central-mountain-air-c-fcmu-expected-november-2022-sova-models-svm-72041-190689.html

sova-models-svm-72041-beechcraft-1900d-c

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...