Trumpeter 1:32 Lightning F3 'In Flight'

Afternoon folks - my first 1:32 jet and it was an enjoyable build. This represents Sqd Ldr Black from 1965 - XR711 of 111 Sqd Wattisham.

It is OOB except I got some Xtradecals to supplant some of the kit decals as they were incorrect in size. I also need to mention 'Keith in the UK' and 'DHDove' who kindly stepped in with some spare kit decals after I made a hash of the fin! Cheers guys - much appreciated.

I decided early on to have this hanging from my ceiling in my office at home so built it wheels up and sourced a pilot from PJ Productions. I have put it up this afternoon and it looks great! Also the good news is I reckon I could get another 4 up there so happy days!

Etched in my mind is the Lightning displays at RAF St Athan in the 70's & 80's and the excitement of them coming in low and fast - left to right along the crowd line. I've always wanted to recreate this and hence the reason it is hanging up!

Hope you like it

Chris

Hun-4_zpsq5scre6g.jpgHun-3_zpsuuhbmlza.jpgHun_zpszqe2udch.jpgHun-2_zpsnfir0b7n.jpgHun-5_zpsmrjdiczi.jpg

• Like 29

Looks great! :thumbsup:

May I ask what paint you've used. :hmmm:

I have one myself which I plan on doing as a 56 sdn bird!

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Thanks Hans - I used Halfords Ford Moondust Silver as the base colour with Alclad Airframe Aluminium over the top and various Alclads for the panels. Tamiya 85 for the black spine and fin!

cheers

Chris

It looks so good. If I were 10 again and that was hanging on my bedroom ceiling, I'd never get out of bed again.

Thanks for your kind comments and pleased to say it was still hanging up there this morning!

I'd heard about the 1:32 Jag - KH I think? Definite purchase I reckon.

So am thinking left hand side of the ceiling is air defence (Lightning and Phantom) and right side ground attack (Jag, Hunter, Harrier, Tornado). Might just squeeze them in!

Chris

• 1 year later...
On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Skyhunter66 said:

Afternoon folks - my first 1:32 jet and it was an enjoyable build. This represents Sqd Ldr Black from 1965 - XR711 of 111 Sqd Wattisham.

It is OOB except I got some Xtradecals to supplant some of the kit decals as they were incorrect in size. I also need to mention 'Keith in the UK' and 'DHDove' who kindly stepped in with some spare kit decals after I made a hash of the fin! Cheers guys - much appreciated.

I decided early on to have this hanging from my ceiling in my office at home so built it wheels up and sourced a pilot from PJ Productions. I have put it up this afternoon and it looks great! Also the good news is I reckon I could get another 4 up there so happy days!

Etched in my mind is the Lightning displays at RAF St Athan in the 70's & 80's and the excitement of them coming in low and fast - left to right along the crowd line. I've always wanted to recreate this and hence the reason it is hanging up!

Hope you like it

Chris

Hun-4_zpsq5scre6g.jpgHun-3_zpsuuhbmlza.jpgHun_zpszqe2udch.jpgHun-2_zpsnfir0b7n.jpgHun-5_zpsmrjdiczi.jpg

Chris.

the first photo I thought was THE REAL AIRCRAFT!:heart:  :yikes:

WHOA!  your  LIGHTNING  F3 is STUNNING to look at and the photography  is splendid. 

I hope your office gets locked (wouldn't want it stolen ) (cleaners might play with it   :whistle: ) and it's secretly marked so no can claim it is theirs !

so where did you say your office was  :rofl:

it's a BEAUTY and KUDOS for a STUPENDOUS  build.

thank you for  sharing it.

:mike:

Edited by HOUSTON
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...