Stripping an area of acrylic

goon

Hi all,

I've made a mess of my Spitfire's port wing, and could do with stripping some of the Hataka paint off. Will the Fairy Power Spray method and a scrub with a toothbrush allow me to just remove the area I want. Will it only work if it is enclosed in a box for a while, and will it affect the other areas of paint?

If this not the best method, how would I best go about removing just a select area of paint. It's over Alclad grey primer.

Cheers,

Gareth

The FPS is best used by coating a kit and sealing it in a bag. For local areas I use meths and some cotton balls. Any alcohol will soften and remove acrylics. If the paint is freshly done it shouldn't take much to remove it.

• Like 1

Hi Goon,

Black Knight is right. Fairy Power Spray is great at removing acrylics. Spray on, rub off with a soft toothbrush, and rinse - paint gone.

Best Wishes,

Will.

Cool, thanks for the ideas. I'm hoping to minimise the damage to other areas so need the best stuff for a localised effect and no fall out for the plastic etc.

Just this evening by sheer mistake I found while cleaning a clear part on my current build with a Lidl optical wipe it removed the vallejo paint which had been on there for over a fortnight, havnt tried it on anything else yet but worth a go.