New Star Wars Teaser 2

Surely Chewbacca should have had a bit of grey in his hair by now.

I think Chewie was 150 or something at the time of the originals, so he wouldn't have aged that much in 30 years. I'm just impressed he isn't CGI.

I don't get a lot of the hate for 1-3, ok, there were some slow points, but I actually enjoyed them. The opening to ROTS on the big screen was spectacular.

• Like 2

Im starting to think that these sequels are going to make the prequels look even worse than they did!

I actually liked the prequels.....

Got to admit that trailer looks awesome and the Star Destroyer wreck is such a neat idea.

Trevor

Lots of discussion going on in the Star Wars-themed barbers two doors up from me. I have to admit I was very impressed, and yes, that crashed Star Destroyer vista was stunning.

Lots of analysis on t'interweb. As for me, I think that the galaxy is in deep civil war, with the Empire still in existence and still a powerful force, albeit riven by factions. Luke has become a recluse while Han and Chewie have gone back to their old ways. I don't think there has been a big Jedi revival, and there are few Force-sensitive people in the galaxy left (maybe because of Order 66 and the way the Empire did its best to kill any remaining Jedi). I think that the new female character,Rey, is a Force sensitive, and that is who Luke is seemingly speaking to. Is she a distant relative? By the way, notice the present tense he uses when referring to his father. It seems to me that of the new trio, Rey appears to be the central character (equivalent to Luke in Chapter IV), and will spend a lot of time keeping the peace between the other two, as one seems to be a Stormtrooper and the other an Alliance pilot.

Of course, I could be totally barking up the wrong tree (or just totally barking) but either way, oh, am I looking forward to this.

• Like 6

Then again just seen the Superman v Batman trailer - Too much for one day I tell ya

Batman to Superman "Do you bleed"

Batman to Superman"You will"

:banghead::chair:

Looking soooo Dark Knight Returns-esque

Edited by Skids

The prequels were OK. Take Darth Maul , Jango fett and grievous out and there wasnt really much to talk about .I knew these were not going to be as good as the originals due to the story , hence 4,5,6 being out first. My one big hate is CGI. Theres too much of it nowadays , and i know its the future but hey ho. A model is 100 times more convincing than CGI in my opinion. Theres just too much of it in the prequels , im sure there will be in the sequels but so far it looks better.

Edited by gunpowder17
  • Like 1

Lots of discussion going on in the Star Wars-themed barbers two doors up from me.

How did I miss that when I called into your shop on Friday last week on our way back from Falmouth. (I asked about the new Airfix Hurricane and bought the new Spit!)

I even had my hair cut on Saturday.

Cheers,

Warren

The prequels were OK. Take Darth Maul , Jango fett and grievous out and there wasnt really much to talk about .I knew these were not going to be as good as the originals due to the story , hence 4,5,6 being out first. My one big hate is CGI. Theres too much of it nowadays , and i know its the future but hey ho. A model is 100 times more convincing than CGI in my opinion. Theres just too much of it in the prequels , im sure there will be in the sequels but so far it looks better.

I think more than anything it was the more childish nature of the first one and then the plot inconsistences from what was laid down by the original movies that put peoples backs up. Add to that the excessive use of CGI and you can see why they wanted a new person at the helm.

Lots of discussion going on in the Star Wars-themed barbers two doors up from me. I have to admit I was very impressed, and yes, that crashed Star Destroyer vista was stunning.

Lots of analysis on t'interweb. As for me, I think that the galaxy is in deep civil war, with the Empire still in existence and still a powerful force, albeit riven by factions. Luke has become a recluse while Han and Chewie have gone back to their old ways. I don't think there has been a big Jedi revival, and there are few Force-sensitive people in the galaxy left (maybe because of Order 66 and the way the Empire did its best to kill any remaining Jedi). I think that the new female character,Rey, is a Force sensitive, and that is who Luke is seemingly speaking to. Is she a distant relative? By the way, notice the present tense he uses when referring to his father. It seems to me that of the new trio, Rey appears to be the central character (equivalent to Luke in Chapter IV), and will spend a lot of time keeping the peace between the other two, as one seems to be a Stormtrooper and the other an Alliance pilot.

Of course, I could be totally barking up the wrong tree (or just totally barking) but either way, oh, am I looking forward to this.

Yeap it was a rather tasty teaser, I don't think Luke could really restart the Jedi Order after ROTJ, as he wasn't really a Jedi Master, his dad was Darth Vader and his twin sister is trying to keep the new government going, by being more like her mother than her father.

As for the present tense don't forget at the end of ROTJ Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin all appear to him, towards the end of ROTS Yoda explains that Qui-gon has found his way back using the force, so I guess Luke has been developing the ways and wisdom of a Jedi Master with his mentors as guidance until its time to be called upon again. I guess the fact they missed the Sith under their nose that lead to their virtual doom has prompted a lower profile post empire, with a Sith emerging again and it is called the 'Force Awakens' after all !.

Anyway i'm sure we'll find out first hand in December, but its certainly looking the part so far so far from the new teaser, nice to have 6 of the original stars in it even if we only get fleeting glimpses to keep the look under wraps (we see Vaders helmet, Lukes hand, R2D2, Liea's hand and of course Han & Chewy

That trailer's not just cool, it's sub-zero!!

But just wondering - are the new Stormtroopers inspired by a small Japanese car??!!... :blink:

Star20Wars20by20Toyota_zpsdsxwywyn.jpg

Funny - for my part I always thought...

renault-twingo-1-2-extreme-112411986-2.j2566083-iron_man_movie_image__11_.jpg

Can't be unseen, no?

• Like 3

That kit looks superb - Bandai?

I think its a pre-made for the lazy collector :P Revell are definitely doing one and I reckon its virtually certain Bandai will too but no confirmation yet.

The fighter itself is called the T-70, the old X-Wing was a T-65A so I guess we've had a bit of an evolution during the intervening decades. Looks like it has the new ball droid sat behind the cockpit too where R2 used to sit. Some of the pictures show a black and red X-WIng too so we might get some nice variations between squadrons :)

Love the look of it, and said an expletive rhyming with "duck" when I saw Han and Chewie at the end ^_^ I always thought that Chewie was one of the best "men in suit" aliens ever (with the Alien up there too), with the only exception being his feet that looked a bit shoe-like. Never once did I see Peter's chops behind the mask, and his acting was always believable. Maybe they might CGI his feet a bit for the new generation?

I shall be looking forward to that there Christmas, and foresee a rare trip to the cinema in my future. :santa:

• Like 1