Sukhoi Su-34 - Italeri 1/72

Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback

Italeri 1/72

This is a bit of a blast from the (not to distant) past. It's the first model I built on getting back into the hobby in early 2012. At the time I hadn't really built a model in 20+ years apart from a couple of AMT Star Trek kits in the mid 90's and this build marked a number of firsts for me. 1st time using an airbrush, 1st time using acrylic paints (Vallejo in this case), 1st use of Alclad and 1st time using an after market etch set (although in the end, I hardly used any of it).

I was aware that there were a few issues with the kit but I didn't want to get bogged down with trying to make corrections when this was the first aircraft I'd done in 22 years, I just wanted to get it done without making a complete pigs ear out of it. In the end I did make a few additions, mainly the door in the rear cockpit bulkhead and a crude attempt at the boarding ladder on the nose gear. The colours are pretty much approximations and far from accurate but at least it looked like a Fullback (just about) and the main thing was I enjoyed the build immensely and it hooked me back on modelling. I'd like to think I'd improved a little since then and I'd certainly do some things different if I built another but it's still one of my favorite builds and sits right in the middle of my display cabinet

Hope you enjoy the shots

16948208137_a5fb3218b1_c.jpg

17129655586_1c5197534a_c.jpg

16948204567_3c2272905b_c.jpg

16948205957_5e52d5c4a8_c.jpg

16948201067_5a3e6a37cd_c.jpg

17154985391_4e3dec1afb_c.jpg

17129656306_83906b5bdb_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 51

Absolutely superb & your approximate colors look mighty fine to me!

You've made me feel a little better about building mine now, as I wasn't sure about correcting the tail fins, intakes, tail cone etc etc on it.

I do have to Pavla cockpit for it though.

Thanks for sharing & the inspiration.

Martin

• Like 1

First time using airbrush? Some people are born with natural talent and this is just unfair :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...