Celtic Nobleman - 75mm

Hi everybody; this figure was actually completed three weeks ago or so, but I struggled to snap some proper RFI pictures. Not that these are that good, but they may pass.

It's a 75 mm white metal figure from Alexander Miniatures (small Italian company, now out of business); the WIP thread is here.

Primed with Vallejo Grey primer, painted mostly with Lifecolor acrylics and some laquers for metallics; the chain mail and the lance are bare metal with some dark washes.

Any comments welcome

17130760412_bd7eb1d659_z.jpg17131686761_e1d14def98_z.jpg

16509886654_5bdfe52cdd_z.jpg17132310085_f418c12919_z.jpg

16946118749_13a12fa165_z.jpg17131658681_2dd92732f5_z.jpg

17131652241_4d947128ab_z.jpg17106330086_b25c984f73_z.jpg

16944507358_e1da8a9735_z.jpg16944505308_fb53b9ec0b_z.jpg

Ciao

• Like 8

Hi MitchK, thanks for commenting and for the heads up on tarnishing :thumbsup: I'll have a look at my older figures and see if any of those showed it.

Ciao

Hi giemme,

As I said in your WIP - a stunning, beautiful, well made and painted figure. Fantastic skills on display! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi giemme,

great figure painting skills, the eyes are fantastic.

If I can make a suggestion regarding the possible tarnishing, you may not get it over the

bulk of the figure, as you have used various 'washes' BUT, if you do find it happening

lightly re polish the area and then treat it with a light varnish coat, it keeps the air, and so the

oxidising agents away from the metal.

Hope this may be of some use,

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks Knikki and Paul!

@Paul: I intentionally don't use varnishes on bare metal, I think they "distort" in some way the look of it; do you know of any varnish that wouldn't do that? Anyway you have a good point here, since I used washes and those should act as a protecting layer.

I haven't checked my old figures yet, so I can't say if the tarnishing happened. Many thanks for your suggestion :thumbsup:

Ciao

Hi giemme,

sorry about the delay in answering, understand you not wishing to use a varnish, I'm assuming the tendency of the varnish to yellow?

You could always try acrylic floor polish, never seen that stuff yellow, only get VERY grimy when it's used on floors, whatever next? floors indeed!!

Paul

• Like 1

Hi giemme,

sorry about the delay in answering, understand you not wishing to use a varnish, I'm assuming the tendency of the varnish to yellow?

You could always try acrylic floor polish, never seen that stuff yellow, only get VERY grimy when it's used on floors, whatever next? floors indeed!!

Thanks Paul. :thumbsup2: Anyway no, I don't use varnish on bare metal because it either makes it too dull (if I use a matt one) or to shiny, cancelling the effect of washes and highlights (which I do by gently polishing the prominent parts) I did. Same goes for Future or the likes of it (if that is what you were referring to)

Ciao