P38J 42-67916 (California Cutie)

Good choice Les. I am curious how it will build. I have got a earlier version. That will go in 8th AF colours as well.

I will watch this one.

Cheers,

Hi ALL have dump the gun pack on the nose as it will go into the cockpit area , and l was going to do only one door open and it`s not going to let me do that ,

IMG_1167_zpsjypaqnpi.jpg

IMG_1168_zpsvgjrskka.jpg

IMG_1169_zpswminoj9b.jpg[/url

Took some holding together and had to take some out of the top of the nose to get the instrument panel in

Cheers Les

• Like 1

it's coming along nicely I see, am jealous as I can't start mine until next week! Plus I have the Viper to finish for the SciFi GB as well!

they're some heavy duty pegs you got there!

I had a close look at the gun pack photo, you and Arnold are right, it does look a bit odd.

• Like 1

T

I had a close look at the gun pack photo, you and Arnold are right, it does look a bit odd.

the gun pack is too big l tried rubbing down the doors but the ammo hangs out over the side

Les

That is some great progress. mine have stalled at the moment. I am bussy with my Dewoitine D.520 for the French GB.

I also notised that the cockpit from the F/G/H and J version looks the same. I also have the walk around book from Squadron. When I take a look at it then the radio compartment from the kit doesn't look like anything that is in the book. I will stick with it, because I have to. I don't know if there is a Aires set for the Hasegawa P-38?! I wanted to use the set for a Academy one, but that is to fiddely to use.

Cheers,

They are the same Arnold ,but because of time lm doing it from the box .So here we go.

PEGS OFF

IMG_1173_zpsjuugo98f.jpg

IMG_1174_zps2ymp4rvn.jpg

IMG_1175_zpsnxgrqltu.jpg

IMG_1176_zps5waffgqs.jpg

oK Guys off to find some sun see you in May Happy Modelling

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not me ,out the box this one and pure 8th ,and she is beginning to look like a P 38

IMG_1182_zpsgxyj6941.jpg

Thanks for looking , Les

• Like 2

That is looking good Les.

Take care when you place the turbo plates. Mine are sticking a little bit out and need to have some sanding.

Cheers,