1/48 - Douglas F4D Skyray (Tamiya) with NOTS 1958 US Satellite Launch Vehicle by New Ware - released

Homebee

New to me (but from 2010!), New Ware Space Kits Series (http://mek.kosmo.cz/newware/) proposes a 1/48th Douglas F4D Skyray (Tamiya kit - ref.61055) with NOTS 1958 US Satellite Launch Vehicle - ref.NW013
Source: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/skyray-with-nots-1958-us-sattelite-launch-vehicle--tamiya-nw013-new-ware-space-kits-series-nw013-model-conversion/product/?shopid=LH355008e014dba38dcc7f1b6102&action=prodinfo&parent_id=212&art=128822

nw013a.jpg

nw013b.jpg

nw013c.jpg

nw013p5.jpgnw013p1.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Interesting that they go to the trouble of sourcing all the plastic too -just the resin and decals wouldn't have done?! Since the whole package is around £24 + shipping, not at all a bad deal...Fords alone on eBay are around that kind of money.

Interestingly the aviationmegastore ref specifically says does not include the plastic parts? And out of stock.

You're right! Just read the small print -also, they had one left when I looked previously. But that's one helluva big box for 10 or so wee bits of resin and a decal sheet...helluva big price too!

"Helluva Big price " at Aviation Megastore indeed as at New Ware themselves it is only 32 US Dollars plus 21 VAT. So roughly US39. But that indeed is including shipping. What would that be in Euro's or UK pounds??

And New Ware also don't include a Skyray kit either which they don't stock and has to be sourced elsewhere. Aviation Megastore has Sords on stock and could be ordered along with the conversion set saving on postage again... .

So what is the problem then?

"Helluva Big price " at Aviation Megastore indeed as at New Ware themselves it is only 32 US Dollars plus 21 VAT. So roughly US39. But that indeed is including shipping. What would that be in Euro's or UK pounds??

And New Ware also don't include a Skyray kit either which they don't stock and has to be sourced elsewhere. Aviation Megastore has Sords on stock and could be ordered along with the conversion set saving on postage again... .

So what is the problem then?

Roughly €36 or £26. What is a 'Sord', in my legendary ignorance? And is there a problem anywhere? :shrug:

Edited by AngstROM

Roughly €36 or £26. What is a 'Sord', in my legendary ignorance? And is there a problem anywhere? :shrug:

Most like a misspelled "Ford", a common nickname for the F4D.

HTH,

Andre

• Like 1