On 15/07/2015 at 1:47 PM, Mikemx said:

Excellent model although like many P-47's modelled, I suspect the rockets are not really applicable to this aircraft.

thanks

Mike

Thanks Mike, to be honest, I never thought of that.

On 15/07/2015 at 2:29 PM, Bedders said:

Lovely - that's just how I like my jugs. A good, rounded shape, nice and tidy, and a smooth finish.The undercarriage is also excellent.

Thanks Bedders

Thanks Mike, to be honest, I never thought of that.

Thanks Bedders, what a great description. :lol:

No worries, not too many seem to think of it! I can't remember when they were first used in combat but the 8AF P-47's got them around or after D-day (but hardly used them), so I would associate it more with stripy 8th and 9th AF P-47's. Still at least you haven't put them on backwards, like I saw on a club stand at the Northern Model Show!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

No worries, not too many seem to think of it! I can't remember when they were first used in combat but the 8AF P-47's got them around or after D-day (but hardly used them), so I would associate it more with stripy 8th and 9th AF P-47's. Still at least you haven't put them on backwards, like I saw on a club stand at the Northern Model Show!

thanks

Mike

Thanks Mike, I had a couple of good books when I made this model as well, so I've no excuses. :banghead:

A burner! Excellent, beatiful, top one , very nice, like it very very much!

Best regards

Andy

Thank you very much Andy. That's very good of you, Joe

On 15/07/2015 at 8:50 PM, rob85 said:

Nice jug(s) . Love a pin up on an ac and when they are on a brilliantly made model that's even better!

Great work

Rob

Thank you Rob. I'll be keeping an eye on your 151 Squadron 3 ways builds. Joe

• Like 1

Thank you Rob, that's very good of you. I like the Nice jugs(s), very well put. ;). I'll be keeping an eye on your 151 Squadron 3 ways builds. Joe

as i will your defiant... your form is cracking!

Rob

• Like 1

as i will your defiant... your form is cracking!

Rob

Thanks Rob, your too kind :)

Outstanding. I really like the look of the dark, waxed OD. You obviously did your homework!

Thank you Tony, that's good of you. Joe

Really like that! nice work!

Thanks a lot Stig, Joe

• 10 months later...

Hello all, I've been speaking with Fatboydim and he suggested I post here on his thread.

Long story short, I've come across an WW2 artifact that was carried by Lt. Price, the pilot of the Yankee Tarheel and am trying to gather information on Lt. Price. Through much of my online searching, this completed model plane kit overwhelmingly prevails. I must say that I'm in awe at the beauty and detail of this craft.

I'm in South Florida and believe Lt. Price may have lived here after his service. I assume this artifact came from his estate when he passed. I've tried to contact his family members, leaving phone messages to no avail. I'm not a collector of WW2 artifacts and thought it was the right thing to do by getting it back to a member of his family that might want it. They seem to not have any interest. My goal now it to gather as much info on it and Lt. Price, then find the right person for it. I fear that it will come to be owned by a weapons collector and loose it's storied history.

This is what I know of Lt. price so far. The name of his P-47 indicates he was from New York, or northern State, and trained in North Carolina. He flew his P-47 in the European theater in WW2, and was shot down over hostel territory and captured, to be released at the end of the war.

The artifact is a Commando Fighting Knife that was issued to the British Service Commandos that assisted the US pilots in England. Lt. Price etched his name, call sign, and military ID in the leather sheath. I assume it was a given to him from one of the Commandos he was mates with.

If you would like me to post pics I can, but I don't want to hijack Fatboydim's thread. Any info you may have would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you Joe for your help. You are not only a gentlemen but an artist as well. Fantastic job on this P-47

Stewart

Edited by Nightfighter
  • Like 1

I just stumbled across this thread and my initial comment was going to be one that was already taken ... "NICE JUG(S)" !! Seriously though, you did an excellent job on this build. Thanks for posting. Bob H.

• Like 1

Hello all, I've been speaking with Fatboydim and he suggested I post here on his thread.

Long story short, I've come across an WW2 artifact that was carried by Lt. Price, the pilot of the Yankee Tarheel and am trying to gather information on Lt. Price. Through much of my online searching, this completed model plane kit overwhelmingly prevails. I must say that I'm in awe at the beauty and detail of this craft.

I'm in South Florida and believe Lt. Price may have lived here after his service. I assume this artifact came from his estate when he passed. I've tried to contact his family members, leaving phone messages to no avail. I'm not a collector of WW2 artifacts and thought it was the right thing to do by getting it back to a member of his family that might want it. They seem to not have any interest. My goal now it to gather as much info on it and Lt. Price, then find the right person for it. I fear that it will come to be owned by a weapons collector and loose it's storied history.

This is what I know of Lt. price so far. The name of his P-47 indicates he was from New York, or northern State, and trained in North Carolina. He flew his P-47 in the European theater in WW2, and was shot down over hostel territory and captured, to be released at the end of the war.

The artifact is a Commando Fighting Knife that was issued to the British Service Commandos that assisted the US pilots in England. Lt. Price etched his name, call sign, and military ID in the leather sheath. I assume it was a given to him from one of the Commandos he was mates with.

If you would like me to post pics I can, but I don't want to hijack Fatboydim's thread. Any info you may have would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you Joe for your help. You are not only a gentlemen but an artist as well. Fantastic job on this P-47

Stewart

Thank you Stewart. I hope someone can help you.

That is really superb!! Excellent at all levels! Very well done!! :worthy:

Thank you Stix.

I just stumbled across this thread and my initial comment was going to be one that was already taken ... "NICE JUG(S)" !! Seriously though, you did an excellent job on this build. Thanks for posting. Bob H.

Thank you Bob. Glad you liked the nice jug(s) ;)

Very nice....

Many thanks Leonl.

Thats a gorgeous model. Great paint finish

Thank you Orangeshebert. I'm pleased you liked the finish.