Japanese interior question

stevej60

Hi folks, I have picked up LS models Ki 15 Babs just for the fact I,ve never built one and it,s just a little different so could anyone

tell me what interior colours were used on Japanese aircraft of this period?

• 3 weeks later...

Let me start by wholeheartedly recommending Nick Millman's site! He is the master of Japanese colors for sure. The j-aircraft forum is another useful source.

That being said, interior information on this particular type seems a bit hard to come by.

For what little it's worth, below is an example of the LS kit (an Army Ki-15-II) that I built to basic "out of the box" standards a couple years ago. I used a medium green for the primary cockpit color, similar to that used in Mitsubishi's Zero fighter. The decking between the cockpits, I believe I'm correct in saying, retained the basic exterior camouflage color.

And finally, notice how poor visibility into the cockpit is with the canopies closed! So, not to be flip about it, but one could argue the "perfect" cockpit color is less important for a Babs than for some types! :winkgrin:

It's a really fine and accurate old kit, by the way, and the fact LS made the whole "family" of different variants is outstanding. I thoroughly enjoyed building this one, and wish you the same.

DSC00677.jpg

Edited by MDriskill
  • Like 1

Let me start by wholeheartedly recommending Nick Millman's site! He is the master of Japanese colors for sure. The j-aircraft forum is another useful source.

That being said, interior information on this particular type seems a bit hard to come by.

For what little it's worth, below is an example of the LS kit (an Army Ki-15-II) that I built to basic "out of the box" standards a couple years ago. I used a medium green for the primary cockpit color, similar to that used in Mitsubishi's Zero fighter. The decking between the cockpits, I believe I'm correct in saying, retained the basic exterior camouflage color. And finally, notice how poor visibility into the cockpit is with the canopies closed!

So not to be flip about it, but one could argue getting the "perfect" shade is perhaps a bit less important for a Babs than for some types! :winkgrin:

It's a really fine and accurate old kit, by the way. I thoroughly enjoyed building this one, and wish you the same.

DSC00677.jpg

Thank,s that looks superb,I am very impressed with the kit,lovely delicate panel lines and a dry run shows a good fit of part,s.