AT-ST Walker - Bandai 1/48

Imperial AT-ST Walker

Bandai 1/48

16732517930_e7d30bce01_c.jpg

So, here it is. The finished Chicken Walker, stress cracks and all. Thanks to all who followed the wip and for those who didn't it can be found here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978365-at-st-bandai-148/

This isn't meant to represent Tempest Scout 2, the AT-ST that Chewie commandeered (with the help of Widdle and Wunka) but the big furball gatecrashed the photo shoot

Enjoy the shots

16732260558_367e341462_b.jpg

16894013676_9915967964_b.jpg

16733752799_cdd692a216_b.jpg

16712607237_527338580d_b.jpg

16733743369_920bc32a1c_b.jpg

16297545384_ed68eef0c8_b.jpg

16733730059_ab22d4dcbd_c.jpg

16918909481_cfbb7e8e43_c.jpg

16918902691_2cc6c99dbf_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 18

Wow. Absolutely stunning. Just had a good read of your WIP too. I've been wanting to do something from Star Wars for my brother and sister in law and you've just made the decision for me. Love the weathering and paint work. Just beautiful.

• Like 1

that is so beautiful I think I may take up knitting....

Awesome just doesn't come close to describing the work you have done on this.

Thanks for sharing!

MH

• Like 2

I've been following the build which just got better and better with each update… Didn't think the finish could improve on what I'd already seen but seems I was wrong.

Great job!

• Like 1

stunning build looks great, fantastic job on the paint and weathering and the base looks great.... may I ask out of interest how high is it??? as thinking getting one myself but cant find any info on height etc

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone

stunning build looks great, fantastic job on the paint and weathering and the base looks great.... may I ask out of interest how high is it??? as thinking getting one myself but cant find any info on height etc

It's about 7" to the top of the head (excluding Chewie's bonce) which scales out to be pretty much spot on for 1/48 as the original is supposed to be 8.6m high

The photo probably gives a better idea against a regular 10ml Tamiya pot

16738966440_78faf276e2_c.jpg

Andy

• Like 2

An excellent build - your WIP inspired me to order one from HLJ which arrived in less than a week although I'm planning to build mine in an alternative scheme from the grey ROTJ version - I wonder what Imperial nose art would look like?

Fantastic model!

How did you achieve the what looks to be paint flaking off with the black showing through and the weathering of the feet?

Top notch work!

Thomas

Thanks Thomas

The paint chipping was done by applying dark grey paint (Vallejo Black Grey in this case) with a sponge. The sponge was dipped in the paint then dabbed on a piece of paper to remove most of the paint then lightly pressed onto the surface.

The mud on the feet was done with pigments applied dry then fixed in place with a thinned AK wash

Andy

A sponge!? I would have never thought of that! it really makes the kit "pop"

As does the awesome foot weathering. I have had decent luck with adding talcum powder (or any powder like flour) and then stipple/dry brushing it onto tank wheels and tracks but your pigment job looks so much more.....realistic!

Thank you again!

• Like 1