1/72 AZUR Breguet 695 **Finished**

Welcome to the GB especially if you're bringing a Breguet 690 series to the party, I really like the purposeful looks of the type.

Be interested to see how this turns out as I've often wondered about getting one of these even though I've got a SMER boxing of the Heller 693 in the stash.

Wez

Lovely choice, I had a Heller Breguet 693 lined up for the build, and changed my mind for what I thought would be a simpler build. I have plenty of references if you need some.

Really interested to see how this one pans out..

Another beautiful plane. And the simplest engine cowl of these Breguet aircraft (691, 693, 695). I have never seen this kit, but it can only be a huge improvement on the Heller kit. Or so I hope!

Good luck

JR

Lovely choice, I had a Heller Breguet 693 lined up for the build, and changed my mind for what I thought would be a simpler build. I have plenty of references if you need some.

Really interested to see how this one pans out..

I would appreciate indeed! I have virtually nothing on this plane, so it would be very kind of you to share references you have

Here is what I manage to do this weekend. I added a bit of detail to the wheel bays. Be honest I did not find any reference, so this is purely my imagination. I painted and washed them as well as the interior. There are some details still to be added, like the dashboard, chippings on the floor and I think some dust in the corners.

Side windows turned to be the most tricky job so far. They of course did not fit the openings and moreover all the openings and the transparencies were differnt sizes. And of course I lost one of the window glazings. Anyway all the windows were installed on the left half. As the fit was not good I sanded them more or less flush and then polished

So this is how it looks now. By the way, old heller (especially produced when the molds were not so worn) is probably better than this kit. As far as I remember surface detail was better on heller kit. And the interior is that hard to add

IMG_20150405_105826.jpg

IMG_20150405_230208.jpg

IMG_20150405_230223.jpg

Edited by stinger-d
  • Like 3

good work,

there was not stringers or stiffeners under the wings in the wheel wells.
The wheel wells and internal surfaces of cowling were painted in the same color of the undersurface; light blue grey.

Edited by BS_w

good work,

there was not stringers or stiffeners under the wings in the wheel wells.

The wheel wells and internal surfaces of cowling were painted in the same color of the undersurface; light blue grey.

Thanks for mentioning that indeed, it is still not too late to remove them. I knew about the color of the wells, although I thought that the color of the bottom was rather grey. Pictures do not reflect the color correctly, I painted the well light grey and washed them with black and dark brown oils. But are you sure about the cowlings? To my mind it would be logic to paint them the interior color

About the cowlings,yes I am sure, this is written in the technical drawing "general paint" of breguet 693, june 1939

"les capots naca et les capots moteur arrière seront peint sur la face intérieure de la même couleur qu"à l'extérieur: gris bleu clair"

"NACA cowlings and engine rear cowlings will be painted on the inner face of the same color that outside: light blue grey"

I'm impressed with your efforts so far and it's fortunate that BS_w came through with that snippet of info before you'd gone too far.

Interesting comparison between this and the Heller kit too.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2:

stinger-d wrote:

" By the way, old heller (especially produced when the molds were not so worn) is probably better than this kit. As far as I remember surface detail was better on heller kit. And the interior is that hard to add "

The old Heller kit doesn't have any interior at all. Not sure about parts fit as I haven't tried any yet.

d3ec150d-b8f5-4197-b8ce-22b87798d923.jpg

Chris

Hi Stinger, I've got the 695 in the stash too, so I am looking forward to seeing how yours goes :)

I made the Heller kit years ago - it goes together okay, but as Chris noted above it is totally lacking an interior... there is a fairly expensive etched set which provides a pretty full one but the thickness of the clear parts won't do much to show it off :lol:

You're making good progress with yours, good luck :)

Cheers,

Stew

• 2 weeks later...

There is an update as of Saturday morning. I finished painting and started chipping. I was not sure if I would be able to progress as my family was to return from their trip.

I however managed to proceed on Sunday and I even started decalling it. I also installed a front canopy which I left aside fearing to find dust inside it after removing the masks. The fit unfortunately was awfull despite all my efforts and I had to use filler. I choose a filler for wood as it does not require sanding and can be simply wiped off with a cotton bulb. I hope it will not crack))

So, here is all that I can show, I promise to post updates within days
IMG_20150425_065901.jpg

Edited by stinger-d
  • Like 3