1/350 recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a kit in the above scale which is reasonably priced and has etch rails included? Purely for hairy stick work for the times I'm in London. 1/700 scale proving a bit problematic for the ageing fingers at present. Have considered Mirage Flower class with extra sets as an option

Cheers

Darbs

I have been building (off and on) the Trumpeter HMS Kent as my introduction to ships. I find it a reasonable size, so far, fairly easy to assemble, and because its modern, the shapes are quite clean without all those deck fittings and other sticky-out bits you find on WW2 ships. It comes with an etch set, but I am away from home at the moment so cannot remember if it included rails. In any case I am using the WEM set for mine

Bruce

Trumpeter Arleigh Burke class (choice of 5 kits!) are well worth the reasonable retail price (~£40) and include the railings and flight deck netting in the kit. Builds up very nicely with high quality and modern kit engineering.

How about one of the Trump Liberty ships, I don't they require any railings at all!

Edit: I stand corrected, I think the superstructure had some!

Edited by moaning dolphin

Take a look at some of the smaller Atlantic Models ships. The Castle Class and Starling class kits are lovely to build, quite simple, very well detailed and include all the etched brass straight from the box.

Andrew

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've narrowed it down to a Tribal class, Z class and a Flower. Will have to get some extra brass rails though as a back up for when I stick them to my fingers

Edited by Darby

• 1 month later...

Liberty ships are very simple. The actual ships themselves were designed for ease of construction, some being completed in less than a week from keel laying to completion! Here is the old Samloyal, in here later peacetime role as St. Helena. (Not the one I sailed in). This one is scratchbuilt!

Bob

St_Helena_Large.jpg