1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter

Dear Modelers,

Revell Hunter is one of the best kit I have ever made. This was a Mk6, backdated as Mk51 for Danish Air Force. The only addition is a resin seat.

Unfortunately it is out of production. I'm hoping Revell will be releasing this beautiful kit sometime in our near future.

I also like to thank dear modeler friend Ole Rossel, for providing detail information and help on this project.

Decals are custom made.

Best

Omer Erkmen

Hunter%203_zpsfo7df9cz.jpg

Hunter%204_zps20pjsmf6.jpg

hunter%202_zpspvjckqsq.jpg

Hunter%201_zpsws4nqf7w.jpg

• Like 48

The Hunter is together with the Mirage and the Vampire my favorite jets and you did more than justice.

The finish is great - can you give a newbie like me some hints about how to get that finish done?

Congrats for a great build.

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1

Absolutely great model painted to perfection.

Why is it that the Danish fighter planes always look so dirty (F-104, Draken...)?

Congrats

JR

Can't go wrong with a danish Hunter :goodjob:

Why is it that the Danish fighter planes always look so dirty (F-104, Draken...)?

It was a combination of bad paint and moist and salty conditions in here in Denmark. Because of the rapid deterioration of the matt paint, it was replaced with a gloss one in the late 70's.

• Like 1

Wow! I love it! I keep looking at those pics, can't get enough.

Unfortunately it is out of production. I'm hoping Revell will be releasing this beautiful kit sometime in our near future.

+1!

Lovely paint job - really impressed how you could a single colour scheme to look so varied and interesting - great work!

• Like 1