Really, Another Airfix Defiant ?

Hi All,yes it is,we,ve already had a brace of these kit,s posted every one first class and in the case of this night fighter scheme

a few different methods of breaking up the plain black scheme,I sprayed the airframe NATO black maskoled the panels,then

sprayed humbrol acrylic black,once dried the maskol was removed and a very very light misting of the humbrol black applied.I

then glossed for the decals and added a thin sky gray wash which looks better in natural light to the few panel lines and rivets.

I make no apologies for saying that in my humble opinion this is the best Airfix 1/72 release

since their "re-birth" under Hornby,go out and grab one now you will not be disappointed!

SDC13065%20640x480_zpsyammjskv.jpgSDC13066%20640x480_zpshu5edkdz.jpgSDC13067%20640x480_zpszhwnzia3.jpgSDC13069%20640x480_zps7kr5sg8f.jpgSDC13070%20640x480_zpsiflbmooi.jpgSDC13072%20640x480_zpsdzk4qvlz.jpgSDC13074%20640x480_zps83sbqmpr.jpgSDC13075%20640x480_zpstzzzmwit.jpg

• Like 29

Yeah, that's really nice Steve :D lovely job.

One thing, the top part of the retractable fairing between the pilot and the gunner was solid, only the lower part with the triangular-ish windows was transparent, if you wanted to paint that bit :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Looks smart.

It really is a good kit. Even my ham-fistedness hasn't stopped the one I have part-way finished looking pretty good.

Edit: to make sense.

Edited by Beard
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's really nice Steve :D lovely job.

One thing, the top part of the retractable fairing between the pilot and the gunner was solid, only the lower part with the triangular-ish windows was transparent, if you wanted to paint that bit :)

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks Stew,now corrected before she flies up to the shelf in the loft!

Very nice clean build Steve, I bet it's eye catching all in black. The best eh? ...even better than their Spits? ( I thought they were excellent)... cheers, Dave

Definitely Dave,Although I love the Sptfires this one has the fit of parts spot on.feel of the plastic and the panel lines are superb.

tasty, but can we please get back to the destroyer now ?!!!

Lol! definitely,I have a clean workbench for a few days and just bought another pack of evergreen strip!

• Like 1

Steve, if you say it is the best, then I will take your word for it!

Painting a plane overall black is not easy... It can look like a piece of coal in no time at all!

But you have managed to get the paint job just right. Congrats as this Defiant is scrumptious!

JR

• Like 1