A pair of Heller classics in 1/72.

stevej60

Hi folks,my second entry is this pair of inter -war types which should be here in a couple of days,French types from a French

manufacturer so they definitely fit the bill,my only concern is what state the decal,s are in, hopefully as a lot of my kits come from

King Kit,s large pre-owned stock they will be as good as all previous sets have been.

Heller_NiD_box_zpsanfbulbw.jpg169308-12660-44_zpsu6fuolj6.jpg

• Like 6

Nice!

It'll be interesting to compare the Heller NiD-622 to Enzo's build of the Azur kit.

Looking at the cowling of the Les Mureaux, I've noticed a similarity between the Latecoere 298 and the Dewoitine D.510.

Good luck with these.

Wez

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

well two oldies but goldies indeed!

I was actually toying with the idea of doing the Ni 622 instead of the Mirage III, but the delta won...

So it will be actually interesting to see what you think of this kit. I have a few drawings pertaining to the cockpit, under-fuselage radiator, etc, if you are interested.

The Mureaux is an impressive parasol winged plane. The kit has quite a few errors, but it still looks like a Mureaux if built OOB, so just go for it and have fun!

Great choice!

JR

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

well two oldies but goldies indeed!

I was actually toying with the idea of doing the Ni 622 instead of the Mirage III, but the delta won...

So it will be actually interesting to see what you think of this kit. I have a few drawings pertaining to the cockpit, under-fuselage radiator, etc, if you are interested.

The Mureaux is an impressive parasol winged plane. The kit has quite a few errors, but it still looks like a Mureaux if built OOB, so just go for it and have fun!

Great choice!

JR

Thanks Jean.I would imagine there is,nt a great deal of information online about these aircraft,certainly nothing I can find in any of my modeling

magazines(and that,s nearly 400).

Thanks Jean.I would imagine there is,nt a great deal of information online about these aircraft,certainly nothing I can find in any of my modeling

magazines(and that,s nearly 400).

Hi Steve,

I'll scan a few things I've got on that bird and find a way to send it to you. Unfortunately I think it is all in French (which you may speak fluently for all I know!), but you can always look at the pictures!!!

JR

• Like 1

I will scan what I find of interest this evening and then we'll make a plan!

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

First casualty folks,the heller kits arrived but despite the nieport being unopened it,s a really old boxing and I,ve never seen decals that have turned to

powder before so unless I can put out a plea in wanted for a set of decals th at get,s a positive answer I,m afraid this ones a no no.Mureaux fine despite

it being an old black boxing!

Edited by stevej60

Steve

You do not get of that lightly, I shall have a look in my decal stash 90% shaw I have spare.

Let you know when I have had a look.

Paul

• Like 1

What a bummer!

I am not sure if asking Heller customer service will help, when the kit was released in 1979... and I have no idea whether it was re-released recently.

But you can always try.

How can decals turn to powder?! The decals in my boxing appear still reasonable (that, of course, may change drastically once dipped in H2O...) even after all these years...

Wish you luck!!!

JR

• Like 1

Steve

You do not get of that lightly, I shall have a look in my decal stash 90% shaw I have spare.

Let you know when I have had a look.

Paul

Thanks Paul much appreciated

What a bummer!

I am not sure if asking Heller customer service will help, when the kit was released in 1979... and I have no idea whether it was re-released recently.

But you can always try.

How can decals turn to powder?! The decals in my boxing appear still reasonable (that, of course, may change drastically once dipped in H2O...) even after all these years...

Wish you luck!!!

JR

Yes very strange Jean.the sheet has a sandpaper like texture and when touched the decals which were extremely faded just rubbed off and turned

to powder,which is a shame as they were two lovely options.

Wow i ll be watching this, never saw the second kit before and only saw the first kit once when i was kid.. cant wait to see what gems are you going to make from these :)

Thank,s Wolwe,they should make an interesting pair,superb moldings considering their age.Hope I can do them justice!

• Like 1

Thank,s to Pauls kind offer of decal,s the Nieuport is back on! just remembered here,s the only French aircraft in my collection Heller,s hawk

built for the Obsolete GB,

SDC10464_zps95af5e22.jpg

• Like 1

Steve that Hawk scrubs superbly well.

This model makes me feel very old! What a pleasure to see these old kits built.

Good show!!!

JR

Evening folk,s well I had packed up for the day but my missus is visiting a friend tonight so I set up table in the living room where under the conditions

of the room mate agreement painting (hand or brush) is forbidden so cutting and glueing only.The only thing to do was get out the Mureaux so here,s

the fuselage sides as supplied and( after a bit of artistic licence) detailed, and the very basic Heller cockpit and a semi scratch built replacement,so off

we go!

SDC13164%20640x480_zpsvgusfx95.jpgSDC13166%20640x480_zpsdlnkzwni.jpgSDC13167%20640x480_zps3uiqlxnh.jpgSDC13170%20640x480_zpswkexwjkw.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

So you've got lift off on the Mureaux after finishing a brace of other kits!!!

It won't take much to detail the interior, and you have done a good job so far.

It's a surprisingly big plane and the final result should be smashing!

JR

• Like 1

Afternoon folks,a little bit progress on the Mureaux,the instructions suggest "apple green" for the interior so I just "appled" up some interior green

and added tape belts and a decal for the instruments as I said earlier artistic licence used.

SDC13206%20640x480_zpsqdzza151.jpg

• Like 1