A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72. Finished.

47 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

In other words, we miss you terribly Steve.

He hasn't bought a nightclub in Berlin and gone all Weimar on us has he?

'Willkommen! And bienvenue &etc....'

If a venue called Cabaret Etch appears in the nightlife listings, well know...

• Haha 6

What good is sitting alone in your room?

Come smell the etch and CA!

My vortex gennies are minute

New techniques are child’s play

I got excited when I saw new Teeny-Hawk posts, only for my hopes to be dashed and my mind’s eye transported to a Weimar Republic Mud Mover in drag.  It’s really not a good place.

Steve, please come back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 6 months later...
49 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Yes, please.

Gene K

26 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Ditto! 

I think Bill @perdu has the answer. See this thread, page 37, 7th post from bottom!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

I think Bill @perdu has the answer. See this thread, page 37, 7th post from bottom!

Terry

That's great news Terry, thanks for letting us know. 

I've been missing his work on the Hawks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received a further update from him this sunny morning

They (who they? Mrs F?) Have been hill climbing

3000ft in two days

On blooming bikes

I ask you

Anyway I have entreated him to keep us in his life-bubble as part of Our Hive Mind

He promised to do so

All's well...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/25/2018 at 10:01 AM, keefr22 said:

Planet Earth calling Mr. Fritag, Earth calling Mr.Fritag, please break radio silence

I just received a stealthy reply - Mr Fritag clicked the like button for that post! :wink: P'haps he can do little more after cycling up a mountain to Angels 3...!! 😆

Thanks Steve - don't be a stranger! :)

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, perdu said:

3000ft in two days

On blooming bikes

On 6/26/2018 at 6:11 PM, Scimitar said:

They in Norfolk then? :D

If they want some serious hill trails then ask them to get in touch as we have a great club here.

Ha.

Over 3,000 ft a day was wot I said (or should have said if I didn’t say - if you see wot I mean).  About 10,500 ft in 3 days now actually.  Ain’t that a Munro a day? 😁 (don’t like these new smileys......when did they start?)

Anyroad up - that’s more’n enough ‘going up’ for us more used to the flatness of the Vale of York cycling types..........🙂

So to stuff more important than the Fritag saddle-soreness and questionable climbing capability...

On 6/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, keefr22 said:

I just received a stealthy reply - Mr Fritag clicked the like button for that post! :wink: P'haps he can do little more after cycling up a mountain to Angels 3...!! 😆

Having been Whatsapp’d by Bill and caused once more to be drawn within the gravitational sphere of The Hive I feel I should apologise for inexcusable absenteeism.

It’s a dispiriting truism that the older one gets the faster time passes (subjectively - before them intelligent types with physics  degrees mathematically disprove my theory) and the last time I substantively engaged with BM wos about the time of Telford last year.  Which by my reckoning was about last week.......

So - whilst I’m just about to set off for some more cycling fun (aka torture) I promise to catch up better when back in the UK.

Of course - I have no doubt that you’ve all moved the skill set of our hobby on umpty ump % whilst I’ve been AWOL - I look forward to the mortification of checking everyone’s progress....

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Fritag said:

before them intelligent types with physics  degrees mathematically disprove my theory

They could try,  but they'd fail miserably, there's definitely something in the space-time continuum or whatever that makes hours & minutes get shorter by the day the older we get!

Good to hear from you Steve, hope the Hawks and their bits are still safe in their safe places - & you haven't forgotten where said places are!

Keith

Oh and the new 'smilies' are awful...the old ones still exist somewhere amongst the gazillion new rubbish ones!

• Like 3

Hoo blooming ray, the sleeper awakes

I never did/possibly will get the use of modern technicalities Steve so I need you here for almost as many reasons of my own as the other chaps do for their own

I must have misunderstood the attswap messages, in my defence it is 'another place' and not ordinary for an old man such as meself

I'm glad you are getting flat (if relatively) riding too and look forrards to hiving the melded minds when you come 'home'

Nice to hear your still around Steve been missing your Hawks!

Enjoy your torture I mean bike ride you have more energy than me

Roger

Great to hear from you Steve :D

Cycling UP things. I don't do that. Bike rack, down hill, then call for help... wuss I may be but I've retained my normal calf shape (chubby).

Have a great time and come back soon!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fritag said:

About 10,500 ft in 3 days now actually.

That's more like it!

I'm glad that the two of you are having a great time and I look forward to seeing you back here in due course. :clap2:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fritag said:

So - whilst I’m just about to set off for some more cycling fun (aka torture) I promise to catch up better when back in the UK.

Great news. I wasn't very active here until late last year, but followed your threads with much relish and look forward to more at some point.

Meanwhile, enjoy your time away I say!

Terry

A long time ago I read about some guy's theory that our perception of time is based on how long we've been alive. Hence a few months of school summer vacation when we're young seems forever - but doesn't when we're an old codger (it being a much smaller percentage of our lifetime). Or, as someone once said:

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect - but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."   

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...

I’ve been away from modeling since 2015 when my daughter was born.  I recently felt like taking it up again and remembered Fritag’s amazing and inspiring chipmunk and JPs builds so I logged in to BM and started to read through this thread. It has, like a good Netflix series kept me amused for the last few nights but I don’t think I can take this cliff hanger! When is the next season starting again? The cycling season must be over for now so I think mr Fritag should open up his modeling drawer again!

• Like 4