Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J 1/35 Dragon --FINISHED--

Hi guys I hope that is not to late to join this gb :)

Maby first a little bit about me. I have never done a tank so far I was doing only airplanes I am bulding plastic model for about year and a half now and it is very relaxing hobby ( I am not teling my mrs how much I'm spending on this :) )

I have decide to join this GB cos I want to try something new and maby somone will help me with this build. I hope that I will finnish before deadline.

I would like to try luck with this kit from Dragon :fuhrer:

P1010349_zpsz7k3irjw.jpg

I have found a nice review of this kit on this website

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/dragon/dr6394.html

To be honest this kit looks amaizing. The details on parts are awsome and so precise. I 'm not a expert but for me looking very acurate :)

Plus you get with kit magic track aned nice pe freat. I also have a towing line

P1010344_zpshvatjdwd.jpg

The only thing that freaks me out is amount of parts wich is 690!!!...but :hobbyhorse:

Ok so far I did not do a lot but i have spent 3hrs on cutting and cleaning sanding wheels from the spures plus I 've done main wheels.

I have use some pe on them.

P1010345_zps7uh4gods.jpg

P1010347_zpsjnyvuij5.jpg

P1010346_zpsapg0qags.jpg

Tomorrow if I will find some time I will start asembly the rest of susspension :)

ps

thanks for looking and any comments are welcome :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Hi Pawel,

It's great that you've decided to join in with this GB! And what a choice for your first tank kit! It looks beautifully detailed. Great stuff - I look forward to following your progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Pawel,

It's great that you've decided to join in with this GB! And what a choice for your first tank kit! It looks beautifully detailed. Great stuff - I look forward to following your progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix I just want to try somethig new but to be honest I don't have a plan for this kit... but we shall see :coolio:

• Like 1

Hello guys I have found some time to play with my tank today :)

I have start work on the hull.I have done all the axis plus Part that the wheels are on later on ( don't know the proper name for that ) And some small things.

I have done an escape hathes as well

I would like to apologise for lack of tehnical therms and names ets but I don't know them even in my native language :)

Like I sad before it is my first tank ever.

So for now I have assembled around 60 parts and it tooks me about 5hrs to do that and the kit have 690!

fun fun fun !:)

cheers

Pawel

P1010358_zpsgju9os6x.jpg

P1010359_zpsyzbax1la.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Pawel. Good to see you got some time on this - by the sound of the number of parts you have to play with you're going to need as much time as possible! Looking good so far. The detail does look good too.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi gents :)

I have found a little bit more time today for my tank.

I have done lower engine compartment with exhaust pe went mesch and some other parts.

I'm really pleased by the quality of parts and detail that Dragon have done.

On next step willbe fenders.

Is it a good idea to add wheels and tracks after fully asmebly the hull and turret? After paiting and weathering?

This is how it looking now

P1010369_zpsvwysstrg.jpg

P1010370_zps3w6nofcf.jpg

P1010375_zpsht11cfkd.jpg

Have a nice day all :)

• Like 2

Hi All :)

I have done some work with this one :). I have glue in Rear idlers wheels and all road wheels plus drive sprockets. The plan was to done all drive things than the tracks and after that mask that prior to nest stage wich will be upper hull.

I start doing tracks i glue in 94 track links form them around wheels and then track fall apart. I took it off then glue in again and left over night.Today morning it was much stiffer and than i try to put it on again and it fall apart. :fuyou_2::frantic: And my rage grow to the point that I break what left from tracks and trow out of window!.... now I don't have one...

Ebay comes to the rescue and I have found metal workable set for my tank :)

Ok this is how it looks now.

P1010384_zpspffawwc5.jpg

I am planning to do it in that painting sheme

2./Pz.Rgt.18, 18Pz.Div., Russia 1942 - L42 gun w/spaced armour in overall Dark Yellow

Cheers Pawel

• Like 3

That is looking superb Pawel. Very neat and tidy build and I really like the photography - shows off the model really well. The kit does look to have beautiful detailing.

Sorry you've had problems with the tracks - the set for my Skybow Tiger 1 get constructed 4 or 5 links at a time and then I put it down and take a break - a very frustrating part of Armour builds!

Glad you managed to find some replacement ones.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi folks :banghead: I'm really enjoy this tank build and allready planing next one :).
For now I have completed both fenders :) I really like the tred pattern on them and all those tools.
The jack is wicked to. It takes 10 part to do it. I wiil add jack and a woden box on the end. I will paint tools on top of fenders later on.

That's all for now.

Cheers

Pawel

P1010393_zpsn6gwfzpv.jpg

P1010394_zpshh9amnes.jpg

Ps

What is that long part on a second picture?
I'ts looks like some kinde of woden barr or something

• Like 3

nice work... if you are referring to the lower piece in the lower picture - believe that that is the aerial housing when it is in the lowered position.... should be a piece at one end mounted to the hull that would be the aerial base

• Like 1

nice work... if you are referring to the lower piece in the lower picture - believe that that is the aerial housing when it is in the lowered position.... should be a piece at one end mounted to the hull that would be the aerial base

Thanks I was thinking abot the same but you know. I'ts better to ask :)

Looking very nice! Yeah tanks are a bit addictive too!

I agre with you ... but as I'm new in this i need some practice.

Great detail work, your tank has seen resally good progress.

Building tanks is somewhat refreshing :)

Thank you. bulding tanks is a joy too. To be honest I have bougt my self few books 2 days ago. 1 is about German panzer divisions 1939-1945 and to have a balace second is Vechicles of Polish army 1939 and a blitzkrieg 1939 in Poland photo album.

I bought that as a referene to my future build. I want to focus on year 1939/40

• Like 2

A good library is a good back up for modelling. There is a company out, "First to Fight" they are making simple but nice early tanks in the 1/72 scale, maybe some fitting kits for your time frame.

Hi chaps :)

Ok during the weekend I was relaxing with JD and Fury :)

but today I have done some work. Hull is almoast done only small things need to be added and than basic painting stage. After that I will start making the turret and I am still waiting for new tracks.

As you can see on pictures the bottom side of hull is painted Vallejo tank ochre 1943 an the top side of fenders are mr hobby dunkelgelb as you can see those two colours are a bit different. Wich one is better? Any ideas how to paint a tank for the begginers?

My friend told me I suposed to thinn the paint and make the colour lighter cos during the weathering stage it will become darker anyway.

How to do it correctly?

Cheers

P1010418_zpskhebtogf.jpg

P1010419_zpskk3pd18h.jpg

P1010420_zps93qw2vkp.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Pawel. That's looking excellent. Very neat and tidy work. Well done. With regards the paint I'm afraid I'm a newby at tanks but I'm sure there will be someone on here who will be able to offer advice.

As I've mentioned before I'm very impressed with your photography too.

Lovely stuff!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Pawel. That's looking excellent. Very neat and tidy work. Well done. With regards the paint I'm afraid I'm a newby at tanks but I'm sure there will be someone on here who will be able to offer advice.

As I've mentioned before I'm very impressed with your photography too.

Lovely stuff!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks I' glad that you like it :). Like i wrote before I'm enjoy this build.

But I menage to done some work. Basicley the hull is done and now i can start to do the turret.

I have painted it used vallejo yellow tank ochre and mr hobby dunkelgelb an top of the black preshade. ahter that i have apply 3 kinds of filter grey , navy blue and cream brown and I have paint tools.

Next step will be coat of gloss varnish and a wasch than some other things. :)

that's all for now :)

cheers

P1010422_zpsqnzqdzn0.jpg

P1010423_zpslrespjir.jpg

P1010424_zpsgjgrsl9j.jpg

• Like 5