He-51: Code sizes?

sean

I am currently building Hasegawa's old He-51A, and have reached the decal stage. Unfortunately the decals are

​rubbish, yellowed beyond saving and full of dirt, so I'll have to acquire some new ones. I need to know what size the

numbers were on the fuselage and wings, as I have none in the spares. I have found the letter in amongst the spares,

but can't get the right font for the numbers, which is 21+21, so that's a lot of 2s and 1s

Hasegawa%20JS053-150%20HE-51.JPG

TIA,

Sean

Thanks fellas, but...I already have the paint scheme done in the box illustration, plus half the decals are on, it's really just the numbers I need. Thank you anyway

for taking the time to reply,

Regards,

Sean

To answer your main question; the only reference I have says that the letter/number is to be 6/10 the size of the adjacent cross. This height was then divided into 7, and from that the width of the letter was 5 of the 7 parts, and the number 4 of the 7 parts [both had certain exceptions]. The stroke is 1/7 wide.

Fantasy Print do a wide range of Luftwaffe code numbers and letters in all the common sizes and proper font.

hth

• Like 1