LOTUS Mk3 JPS 1977-78

macgregor

I know we car builders are a bit of a minority on here but does anyone have a source of good reference pictures for this car, mainly the engine gearbox area but anything closer up would be great. Just got started on a 1/12 scale build to go with my 49.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Mac

• Like 1

Hi Mac, I have one that I started when I worked in Beatties model shop in Leeds in the late seventies

Its a great kit, mines in need of a strip/clean up and just got a sheet of new decals so I will be following your build with interest

Andy Mac

Stuart your reference pics were invaluable when I built the 49, I nearly wore the disc out viewing them! Any thing you have would be a great help. Book looks great, might have to try & get a copy somewhere. ( I will PM you)

Andy interesting that you are looking to restore yours, this kit was obtained fairly cheap at a show for me by my good mate Airfix Andy who though it had potential. Its a bit of a glue bomb, the first 7 sections (tub & front suspension) being built (badly) & all the body work painted with a brush gloss black on the sprues! I have spent a fair few hours all ready stripping, repairing & restoring etc & I am just starting to build proper. I am a sucker for punishment!

Cheers for now Mac

Hi Mac, are you sure you hav,nt got my kit?!!, my original build using liquid poly(dried out now)brush painting( no airbrush) and flaking decals(no gloss coat) was an hour away from being completed in 1979, now it's more like 6 month!! It's a pity as it was a massive deal at the time this kit was launched,

Looking forward to your build, I have autosport magazines and Autocourse annuals from 77/78 if I can assist with any reference material

Anything for a fellow MacGregor!!

Cheers

Andy

Hi Mac, Here we go again, :thumbsup: ready for another fuel injected buildup & detailing session...Don't forget to bring along to the club meet next wed night.

Mark D :winkgrin:

Oh I know.................................what am I doing :doh:............................................its all Andy's fault! :fight:

Mac