First Thunderbirds TV trailer

Apparently there will be the first 'proper' TV trailer for Thunderbirds this coming Friday 13th March, and Saturday 14th, on ITV.....

No times given but no doubt within minutes it will be on YouTube...

I'll be watching...

Roy.

Total crap. Poor animation, unconvincing CGI, not sure where the real models are (and from one of the other trailers the exteriors looked like a naff toy railway), looks like a rubbish anima and what the hell is the tosh with the flying FAB 1?

I fear that they are doing what GA didn't do, which is to treat children as idiots.

Graham the very unimpressed

Ps here's the link https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6y2hFqgtjLk

• Like 2

If, as I suspect, this is designed to sell lots of merchandising for youngsters off the back of it, then it's brilliant! It has a computer game 'look' on purpose I reckon. And why not? Getting another generation into Thunderbirds has got to be a positive for modelling, assuming the kits follow. I wonder who'll get the license?

John

Thunderbirds Models R Go

I think it looks good, my kids will love it. Remember its made for kids, not 50 year olds.... :rolleyes:

Colin

That's very, very true and the old 'saddo's' like me will need to keep our old series DVD's handy...

Mind you, I will be after the new model kits when they arrive as I actually like all the new craft - not so keen on Thunderbird Lego (3) though.

Roy.

A mix of 'brilliant' and 'eww", the latter being directed at the character animation, which is of a different style and standard to that of the model work. It might be made for kids, but us 50 year-olds have a lot more disposable income ;).

We'll see... there is promise there :).

That's very, very true and the old 'saddo's' like me will need to keep our old series DVD's handy...

Mind you, I will be after the new model kits when they arrive as I actually like all the new craft - not so keen on Thunderbird Lego (3) though.

Roy.

Doesn't mean 50 year olds can't also enjoy it, and I'm happy to be called a saddo to! I am bit too young to have watched Thunderbirds the first time around, but remember repeats from the 80s. Of course if they ever decide to remake Terrahawks, it better be bloody good ;)

Colin

Of course if they ever decide to remake Terrahawks, it better be bloody good ;)

Colin

I doubt there's anything they could do to make Terrahawks look good (except the Overlander, which I really liked).

Graham

I had this horrible sinking feeling watching the Flying FAB 1 , Alans short stature, and that mysterious Kid (in a flash shot) that the Reboot has been based on the 2005 disaster ! , and Alans now about 14 ! , the re-purposing of Tin Tin into Kayo also adds to that 2005 vibe.......

Plus points ,( if you watch the bonus vids after the trailer ) is that the glow from TB3s engines hide their "lego block " look on launch (which still looks very 2005 movie-ish )

Negative points on TB1 now having 4 rocket thrusters as it lands.... it now looks remarkably like a Mother pig ready to feed a batch of Piglets.....!

and the model work looks like CGI .......!

• Like 1

OH DEAR...............................................................!!!!!!!! :weep::weep:

Utterly unimpressed!! Showed this trailer to my partner. Her comment ( as far as I remember) - " Well, that's a bit of a let down. I never thought I'd say that a 50 year old programme using puppets looked so much better than a supposedly state of the art show ".

. Personally, I thought the CGI looked cheap and nasty, the flying FAB 1 beyond ridiculous and the "REAL" hardware like flying toys. As for the characters??? Well, I showed her the recently issued publicity picture of the Tracy brothers. She nearly fell about laughing!! Quote " The only thing missing is their codpieces" Unquote

Still, I will give it a try

ps - despite my comment about the flying toys, I actually like the look of the new T-Birds so, I guess not a total loss.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52