Kawasaki two fighters, Ki61 & Ki100, 1/72, Hasegawa

Hi,

Next archive Japan airplane. Namely - two of them. Both made from the same kits. Yes!. The kit was Hasegawa Ki-61Hien (Allies code "Tony"). I made her OOB as Kai 1c version and from another one I made scratch conversion to Ki-100 II Goshikisen (the radial version with step-back canopy and different front part of canopy as well). I made them about 20 years ago, in those times the only one Ki-100 kit in 1/72 came from old Aoshima. There was no Hasegawa kit for it yet.

Markings: Ki 61 Kai 1c is from 244 Sentai (Headquaters), Tokyo, Nov. 1944, Ki-100 is from unknown to me unit, from winter 44-45.

Comments welcome,

regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Ki-61

ki61 DSC03732ki61 DSC03731ki61 DSC03730ki61 DSC03729ki61 DSC03728

Ki-100 II (scratch conversion from Ki 61)

ki100 DSC03737ki100 DSC03736ki100 DSC03735ki100 DSC03734

Thank you for watching

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 8

Hi Jerzy!!!!

I have had once this nice kit in my hands and unfortunately have had to sell it in a lot of planes as I was at those times in need of money and this one wasthepiece that closed the deal. Now, I know why.

Now, The only one I have in my stash are two old Revell kits, one my godfather gave me as a gift and another I bought here from the Revell Exckusive Distribuitor. Maybe as I have seen those magnificent works you have presented here, I will be saving and one day will go out with enough money for hunt of Japanese planes. I liked a lot the great job you did in both subjects, and really love the way you have finished both too.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you Luis - I had once the old Revell Hien, with opening canopy. I have to send it between people since I do not have it now.

Best regards

J-W