AFV-Club Tiger Ausf.E 1/48

Hi, here are some pictures from my AFV-Club Tiger I in 1/48 scale. Its a beautiful kit, with great details, like the petite molded on Zimmerit and the meshes over the engine louvers. Build OOB in just a few days and was finished on new years eve 13/14.

The paint work was done freehend,with my airbrush and a dark wash from acrylics and some drybruhing for the weathering

was applied. The decals were fragile and most of them didn t make it on the Tiger :-(.

Hope you like it

Cheers

Bernd :bye:

16555763208_60beb5a2c4_b.jpg16742097331_24ee300461_b.jpg16743280935_2b8b8b84a8_b.jpg16742101431_c7dd8c3b93_b.jpg16555886980_6a5e976668_b.jpg16557183709_209fc6f538_b.jpg16717399256_dc663f2ce9_b.jpg16555743428_b75ea6fe39_b.jpg16555761258_9d4a975d70_b.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Andy, thank you very much, you are right with the AFV kits. They are really nice, as well in 1/35. The 1/48 Tiger kits are a re release from another company. The fit is awesome, i hope i can get some more of those in the future.

A beautiful build Bernd. Excellent weathering and paintwork. I've got a few AFV club kits in the stash. All Churchills in 1/35. I really like the detail in the AFV kits. They are really good. Good luck with future builds !!!

• Like 2

Thank you very much, The AFV Churchils have a well detailed running gear, very nice. For me, i have the Valentine and the M36 in my mind, great kits as well.

Happy Modelling :-)

Aye up Bernd,

That's a lovely build my friend. I've never actually built a Tiger in any scale and seeing this and all the others I may have to add one to the stash!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Aye up Bernd,

That's a lovely build my friend. I've never actually built a Tiger in any scale and seeing this and all the others I may have to add one to the stash!

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve, thats a good idea, there are plenty of kits to choose from. From the stunning Dragon Kits to the Tamiyas and others. Why not.

For me, i havn t build a tank in 1/35 for years, now i have a Trumpeter T-80 and a Dragon Panther Ausf.G with moded on Zimerit and they look great in the box.

Best

Bernd

Very nice Tiger! :)

Thank you very much :-)

Wow Bernd! That is superb! I love the subtle paintwork and weathering. If I can get my current 1/48 Tiger 1 build (of the Skybow boxing of this same kit) to be half as good as that I shall be very happy! Stunning work on what is a very nice kit.

Thank you for posting it too - I might 'borrow' some ideas for mine!!

Hope you have a good evening.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Stix, thank you very much for this compliment. Your Tiger will be a stunner for sure !

There will be no proplems to master, its a great kit ! Skybow/AFV has some more variants out, an early Tiger and the Sturmtiger, but currently hard to get here.

I hope the decals in your box are better to work with :-)

Enjoy your evening too and Happy Modelling

Cheers

Bernd

Excellent work in all aspects, could easily pass for 1/35.

Interested in your opinions on AFV club Churchills, I've got the Carpet Layer type A in my stash & it's on my "to do" list.

Pete

• Like 1

Excellent work in all aspects, could easily pass for 1/35.

Interested in your opinions on AFV club Churchills, I've got the Carpet Layer type A in my stash & it's on my "to do" list.

Pete

Hi Pete, just go and build it, i had a look in the Mk.V kit with the howitzer and it was great, well molded soft plastic tracks and lots of details.

The box is full with good stuff, quite complex.

Thank you very much :-)

Very good

Thank you very much.

Very, very nice Bernd, like the painting and weathering on it.

Thank you Steve, i hope , i can improve paint jobs like this on future builds a bit, but i try to keep the weathering simple and subtle as well.

Still i am an aircraft guy :-)

I'm foremost an aircraft guy too, followed by cars and bikes. But that is superb work, and in 1/48th?

I'm now thinking maybe I should be a 1/48 diorama guy with aircraft and tanks!

• Like 1

Thank you very much, i would rate the AFV Tiger I late, better than Tamiya, but its very close.The details are finer. build both the Tamiya Tiger as well.

• Like 1