Arado Ar-234

The colour scheme I followed was from the MDC kit, not the Fly kit.
As you can clearly see the instructions show the scheme to be 65/71/70 0r 76/82/81.
I used RLM matched paints from Xtracolor to paint the model.
So if the colours are wrong, what can I do about it? I followed the instructions, I'm not a Luftwaffe historian, just a model maker. :shrug:

Arado_colours.jpg
print screen windows xp

So if we follow these guidelines: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18383-critiquing-rules/

Specifically:

For those persons offering Constructive Criticism or build advice.

Thank you for taking the time to encourage or offer advice to someone. :goodjob:
If you are going to criticise someones build publicly the following guidelines will apply:

1. Be Fair. Is it the fault of the kit :deadhorse: or the fault of the builder? :dunce:

Lets accept, its the wrong colour, :oops:

I'll stick it in a box and hide it in the loft in the corner of shame, and never let it darken the modelling world again :winkgrin::clown::bleh:

Can this be the end of the matter and we continue enjoying sticking bits of plastic together for fun to relieve the stresses and strains of modern life? :coolio::thumbsup:

No offence taken, non meant :bye::thumbsup::winkgrin:

• Like 3

The colour scheme I followed was from the MDC kit, not the Fly kit.

As you can clearly see the instructions show the scheme to be 65/71/70 0r 76/82/81.

I used RLM matched paints from Xtracolor to paint the model.

So if the colours are wrong, what can I do about it? I followed the instructions, I'm not a Luftwaffe historian, just a model maker. :shrug:Arado_colours.jpgprint screen windows xp

So if we follow these guidelines: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18383-critiquing-rules/

Specifically:

For those persons offering Constructive Criticism or build advice.

Thank you for taking the time to encourage or offer advice to someone. :goodjob:

If you are going to criticise someones build publicly the following guidelines will apply:1. Be Fair. Is it the fault of the kit :deadhorse: or the fault of the builder? :dunce:

Lets accept, its the wrong colour, :oops:

I'll stick it in a box and hide it in the loft in the corner of shame, and never let it darken the modelling world again :winkgrin::clown::bleh:

Can this be the end of the matter and we continue enjoying sticking bits of plastic together for fun to relieve the stresses and strains of modern life? :coolio::thumbsup:

No offence taken, non meant :bye::thumbsup::winkgrin:

Personally I don't see the problem with having it pointed out that the colours used are wrong, whether you filled the kit instructions or not. Everyone who has posted in this thread, me included, has said how well you have built it, is that not good enough for you? I think being told the colours used is wrong are constructive criticism. Surely when posting pics of your builds you only expect "wow" type comments?

You say you're not a "Luftwaffe historian", neither am I, I'm just interested in it, "just a Modeller" so perhaps you should look at the positives in that you have learned something about the Ar234 and late war Luftwaffe camouflage through some of the links people have kindly posted, rather than dwell on the negatives.

Tim.

Edited by tank152

Tank, I don't expect "WOW" comments when I post, I am happy to accept criticism, and do frequently receive them.

I am only pointing out that I followed the instructions that's all.

Tank, I don't expect "WOW" comments when I post, I am happy to accept criticism, and do frequently receive them.

I am only pointing out that I followed the instructions that's all.

I accept that, there is a build article on the MDC kit in the Military in Scale modelling the Luftwaffe special edition magazine, so I know their colour call outs are wrong. If you are going to be modelling more Luftwaffe subjects In the future then you may be better off using another brand as those colours look nothing like 70/71. Once again you have made a cracking job of building it.

For what it's worth, I actually feel quite bad now about pointing it out, it must be pretty heart breaking to hear such things, especially when you have had a bad experience during the build.

Tim.

Edited by tank152
  • Like 1

I must something say to Rlm colours.All colors in instruction are right but on your photos look one of the color like grey violet.Rlm70/71 are green colors with low contrast you can see it on original color photos http://www.modelforum.cz/download/file.php?id=780476
The colors 81 exist green variation and brown variation.Green variation are used in Dornier factory document.Here can you see 81 brown and 82 http://www.modelforum.cz/download/file.php?id=777759.
Now I ask when you photograph your model are you using lighting or its day light?

Edited by Reserve_22

• 10 months later...

Did you do a wip for this build? I would love to know more and how it went together.

Sorry, I didn't.

It did go together reasonably well.

The resin/plastic joins were a bit iffy in places, but otherwise not too bad.

• Like 1