LTV Crusader F-8E, Academy and some aftermarket

So, it looks a bit like the F-8 are a bit en vogue these days. Well, I just finished mine, and would like to show it. The build was very straightforward, except of the flaps, which needed some sanding to fit beside the fuselage. Apparently, it's a common problem with this kit.

1-profillinksa_zpsb7pnwcyg.jpg

2-obenlinks_zpsrisvgdna.jpg

3-hintenrechts_zpsyg4sotvx.jpg

4-hintenlinks_zpskdu8mw3j.jpg

5-vornelinks_zps11jmqrbu.jpg

6-frontal_zpsvrmsltxz.jpg

7-vornerechts_zpsdqocrslf.jpg

8-obenvorne_zpskebqzesn.jpg

9-detail_zpsatyqat9m.jpg

11-nase_zpse5d3suhv.jpg

And on the approach for landing, with the backgound my daughter painted... :)

10-landeanflug_zpsnrhukza3.jpg

Thanks for watching, if there are any questions, I'm happy to answer!

Alex

• Like 46

Thanks for the fast reply, this type is still high on my "want" list, if its comes to Academy, the first question is for replacing the decals.

Very nice indeed.i know what you mean with lowered flaps.i had to alter mine on the tornado

Great looking model

Daz

Stunningly 'FANTASTIQUE'! So well done to one of my American faves! Worth every bit of your effort...thanks for stimulating us all. (Well us fishead types at least :winkgrin: ) But then looking again, and again - this is brilliantly done...do you have an RFI on BM? :analintruder: Trembling for an answer!!!

Great work, Alex! I enjoyed your WIP as well. Gotta love the Crusader with the wing up, flaps and slats down, main gear hanging down at some improbable angle, stinger awaiting a snare, coming in for a wire looking for all the world like some giant insect. In spite of its "gunfighter" moniker, I've read that missiles were more often the choice during combat in Southeast Asia, but that was just in one source. I haven't seen that printed anywhere else. Regardless, the Crusader is one of my favourite jets. The A-7, oddly, is not. Except for the stretched YA-7F which, after stretching and being fitted with an PW-F100 engine, looked surprisingly like an F-8.

Cheers,

Bill

• 5 months later...