Set of four WWII Balkan fighters, 1/72

Hi,

From a deep part of my archive shelves - a set of two Romanian and two Yugoslavian fighters:

IAR 80 is a vacu by Formaplane, I made it about 1980. Markings of 1st Air Corps of Royal Romanian AF, UKraine 1943

Heinkel He 122 B1 is a Heller kit, Royal Romanian AF, Bessarabia, 1941. I made it also about 1980.

Rogozarski IK 3 is also a vacu by Formaplane, I made it also about 1980, markings are of pilot D.Borcic, 51st Fighter Group RYAF, Zemun n. Beograd, 1941

Ikarus IK 2 is a scratch build, I made it about 1990, markings are from 34th Fighter Group RYAF, Bosanski Alexandrovac, 1941

They are far from modern standards, but just to share with some rare objects...

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

IAR 80

iar 80 DSC03679iar 80 DSC03680iar 80 DSC03681

He 112 B1

he112 DSC03684he 112 DSC03685he 112 DSC03683he112 DSC03682

IK 3

ik3 DSC03691ik3 DSC03690

And IK 2

ik2 DSC03694ik2 DSC03693ik2 DSC03692

Thank you or watching :)

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 14

A very interesting range of models there!

The IAR 80 with it's air of deady competence, the shapely but not very successful Heinkel 112, the IK-3 that looks vaguely like a French design and, a favourite, the graceful IK-2. I wouldn't mind an Eduard 1:48 kit of the IK-2… ;-)

Excellent modelling, especially considering most of them are vacforms or scratch built.

Thanks for showing them!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Thank you Gentelmen for very nice comments. I considered some of them the one of most interesting models in my collection due to their rarity - but now IAR is produced by A-model and both IKs by Czech companies. BTW - the IK2 model from Azur-Fromm has one important flaw (despite the fact, that generally looks better then my scratch...) - the wings are too flat. Since the chord of the wind is very different, and the profile is constant, the thickness of wing change also a lot, with the maximum on some distance from fuselage. And this is not reproduced in this kit - the wing is almost flat, at least in models I've seen posted on photos.

I agree with Joachim, that IK-3 (but also IK-2) looks a bit like a French designs. Perhaps it is partially due to Hispano-Suiza engines. By the way - I hope that the relation between IAR-80 and Polish PZL-24 is well known (if not - the IAR was developed from PZL fighter in this sense that used complete rear part of fuselage with all tail and the same engine)

• Like 2

Thank you for posting these builds.

It's really great to see the kits that we built in our youth (not many survived!) and the interesting subjects and schemes make it even better.

My favourite is the He 112 B1...very nice winter camo and some lovely weathering as well.

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Thank you Winenut :) - I think so also - the He 112 looks much better - more tidy then other. The Heller kit, even with rised but very fine lines is much subtle in details than Formaplane's vacus or my scratch. I like it still also. But the others were much more challanging, so even if the results is not excellent I have good feelings about them...

Cheers - and thanks again

J-W