1/72 Grumman goose

Mike Esposito

Wow. This is tough to find. :(

Such a cool looking airplane. It seems as soon as they are released,they are snatched up. Can't find one anywhere...even ebay.

Is a new tool or re-release in the near future?

Tks

Edited by Mike Esposito

I have a copy of the sword model in my stash awaiting an urge to build a small waterborne aircraft. It looks like a great little kit and the resin bits look perfect. The only issue is I believe Sword's fit is in the realm of the old Pavla kits....

I haven't heard of any pending releases by a more mainstream manufacturer either.

Cheers,

Dave

Good luck finding Whiskey Jack decals and DO NOT try ordering them from the owner. That SOB still owes me $35.00! The bast*&d cashed my postal money order and never sent the decals. He's been investigated by the RCMP for this type of operation.

Chris

Good luck finding Whiskey Jack decals and DO NOT try ordering them from the owner. That SOB still owes me $35.00! The bast*&d cashed my postal money order and never sent the decals. He's been investigated by the RCMP for this type of operation.

Chris

Hi. Had similar experience with JBOT Decals! $45.00 CDN for some decals! After months of emailing and not getting replies I finally got my money back when I wrote to him by snail mail and also complained to a company over there in Canada who deals with complaints about Canadian companies about him. I think that did the trick. Downside was I left it too late to get paypal to recover it but as I said I did get my money back eventually and gave up on ever getting the order.

But I digress. I can lay my hands on the two or threeRCAF Goose decals he produced if need be. I might as well also confess that I have two Sword kits in my stash still. An older boxing with vacform canopy and the later box with the wood effect, with injection clear parts. AND I will build them sometime! One set of decals is by WJ with a nice overall yellow scheme of Trans provincial Airlines. I think this scheme is also done by Draw Decals. The other part used set but enough to complet a model is another WJ set with BC Airlines markings.

As I am on this side of the pond I would say that the only "guy" I have ever ordered decals from was William Burns from canmilair.com. He only produces one set for the Grumman goose, so you are stuck using just that scheme but his decals aren't bad, just a bit pricey.

http://www.canmilair.com/products.asp?cat=49