Fokker Dr.1 - Eduard 1:48 Weekend Edition

Julien

Fokker Dr.1
Eduard 1:48 Weekend Edition

rbbox.jpg

The Blood Red Fokker DR.1 Triplane made famous by the Red Baron needs no introduction to nearly everyone. This kit has been previously reviewed by my collegue Dave here. The plastic in this boxing is exactly the same, just the markings have been changed.

Decals
For a weekend eddition surprisingly two decal options are supplied, along with set off superfabric seatbelts.
  • First is the Red aircraft of Baron von Richthofen.
  • Second is an Streaked Olive machine flown by Lt Freidrich Kempf, this has his name on the top wing.

rbdecals001.jpg

Conclusion
This is a lovely little model of a very famous aircraft type. There is enough detail for most people and would make a great kit to keep the mojo a kick start if in a rut or just as a fun build over a weekend. This is now the second weekend kit I have reviewed which has come with more than one decal option and a set of Eduard's fabric peel off belts. It looks like the value for money in these weekend kits has been improved by Eduard, something we can all applaud. Overall highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

Found this on fleabay for £10, couldn't resist ;-) I'm still trying to complete my first model, however I seem to have somehow acquired a bit of a stash now...

It builds very easily too, I've made a couple of them. An ideal intro to WW1 modelling as the strutting is simple and there are only 4 rigging wires, easily done with a bit of stretched sprue.