Getting filler out of deck planking

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a Trumpeter Renown just now, and need to get some filler out of a bit of the deck planking. This is something I find very difficult, frustrating, and hair-pullingly maddening - that's if I had any hair left.. Do any of you have tips on how to get dried filler out of other than using a needle and scraping it away a bit at a time.

Best Wishes,

Will.

You could try a Olfa P cutter. But take care you don't slip. If the blade is too thick, you can thin it down on an oil stone.

A stab in dark with this suggestion: might there be any sort of tape powerful to pull the filler off in patches without leaving unwanted residue? I'm thinking akin to removing decals, but with much more force.

Ross.

One of the reasons I try to get a wood deck for anything I build these days that has one!

I would agree with Fatboy on this one, a P-cutter or the UMM scribing tool are great for digging putty out of thin grooves.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I had a look in my tool-kit and found a bare metal foil scriber I had forgotten I'd bought. I'll give it a try. and if it doesn't work. I'll try some of your suggestions.

Best Wishes,

Will.