"Cleared Hot" - Airfix A-4B

Haven't posted anything here in RFI for a couple of years but have been building away army usual snails pace, although 2015 might see me hit double figures!

This is the new tool Airfix A-4 out the box with the exception of some Hasegawa Mk.82's and an MER.

All comments good or bad most welcome. I do need to have a play about to try and improve the pics a bit.

image_zpsacdb0685.jpg

image_zps67864ad8.jpg

Rgds,

Eng

• Like 42

I've never seen anything like this before. Very good, and very well executed.

I guess a bit of photoshopping could remove the necessary piece of fine wire used to support the "iron" hardware.

Thanks for kind comments so far, I will try and get some sharper pics, these don't do it justice at all.

Eng

Dr_GN I did look at a couple of ways of suspending the "iron", clear sprue or rod would have had to have been thicker than this wire to be as strong, whereas the wire was a bit of a trade-off. I have wondered if I paint the wire a light colour, maybe white or pale blue whether this would help to disguise it somewhat.

Many thanks for all the kind comments, I genuinely did not expect such a response especially as the photo's are not as good as they could be. I had hoped to take some sharper shots today but life took over (again!).

Eng

• Like 2

Haven't posted anything here in RFI for a couple of years ...

It was well worth the wait. That's not just a very smart build, it's perfectly mounted.

BIG :thumbsup2: from me :)

Al

Great Scooter! I am not normally a fan of aircraft "in flight", but I must say this one does get my interest in its originality.

Imagination is what it's all about!

Superb result.

JR