GSX1100S and CB750 F

No modeling for me after tonight till Sunday off to a wedding Saturday in London, staying at a hotel tomorrow night and sat then heading back home Sunday. Boo hoo.

Hi all this will be my last update till after the weekend so I've tried to do as much as pos, first I've done a bit to the dio base

YbFW7sn.jpg

SxFqjNh.jpg

4aGp1cU.jpg

fIQm0Qg.jpg

Pb4vi7S.jpg

1Y9NzW4.jpg

QDdYw35.jpg

cbkGrJj.jpg

3hzSpeo.jpg

ruWuQQb.jpg
  • Like 1

Very carefully over a candle flame checking every few seconds til the plastic softened the used the handle of my craft knife and gently pressed took 3 times to get that deep as I didn't want it to suddenly warp (which I've done before).

I had an Rd 250 very underpowered swapped it for a Honda 550 four the bloke must have been insane thought he had a bargain.

Yep, the later RD250s (1976-ish) were a bit emasculated -"more tractable" was the official line, IIRC. Up to then they were quite nippy, but I must admit I could never get the best out of a smoker. A Honda 550 was a magic carpet in comparison!

Hi all back from the wedding so back to modeling this afternoon, cant wait, here are some pics of our adventure in london

1RY7VlO.jpg

ARV54uE.jpg

X5NblsM.jpg

knXZwvn.jpg

gBHLUtI.jpg

ANDgowF.jpg

Me and the missus in all our finery

NwVZxFE.jpg

I tell you what it was freezing the whole day.

Hi all back from the wedding so back to modeling this afternoon, cant wait, here are some pics of our adventure in london
I tell you what it was freezing the whole day.

Climate change in action! Thanks for the ace pics; hope you both enjoyed the day despite the chill.

Very nice day, thanks.

Hi all here is todays little bit.
I decided to do an experiment I've stuck a bit of foil on the tank and I'm hoping that when ive put the top coat on when I scratch through it it will look like the metal of the tank showing through.
RU8Ll9X.jpg
also I'm trying to show the buleing effect on a chrome exhaust
MtnJaTB.jpg
BV11h4X.jpg
KFSq09Z.jpg
Oxrkl4z.jpg
nJbelCQ.jpg
HKP0Tjh.jpg
RpCTGUT.jpg
TVkPe1A.jpg

That looks excellent KP.....

I think the CB is the most underrated of the big Tamiya kits, probably because its not so super flashy, but it is an excellent kit and you have proved that.

So nice to see a bike that isnt super shiny and clean, (and i love the tape on the indicator and ding in the tank).

Really really cool :)

Steve

Very nice work all round, Sir! Just one observation: I'm pretty sure the speedo drive should be on the left (maybe switch the front wheel around?).

My profound affection for this cycle has been re-kindled by your fine work; I think I miss it more than any other bike I ever had!

Hi all I know you were expecting this finished tonight but I am sitting here with such a stiff neck I can hardly move, it's been coming on the last couple of days, hopefully tomorrow but if it gets any worse I doubt I will get out of bed