GSX1100S and CB750 F

Hi all decided to start my 1/6 bike dio now I've finished the Bentley. you cant buy 1/6 figures (least not that I can find and if I did I bet they are expensive) so decided to have a go at making my own.

dqv0Wm8.jpg

Hi all as I've been informed GI Joe, Barbie, Ken and Action Man are all 1/6 so I decided to use them But I wondered if I could have made them, and how long they would have taken so,,,,

Half hour on my fret saw and 10 mins with my multi drill and I got this.

Ubsw2e1.jpg

tQsFlxw.jpg

hHPu4mE.jpg

J2l0VqC.jpg

bznELeG.jpg

K0xNFEO.jpg

SO7nGKA.jpg

so I think I could build one given a day or two (of course the head would take a while longer)

pobpuSx.jpg

3xrSNZp.jpg

jqAMgsg.jpg

Hi all first disappointing bit of the kit, The tank is a terrible fit, lots of filling, it stands out more as the rest of the kit is such a good fit.

jf5jzNr.jpg

0dg9TU1.jpg

IbE71V3.jpg

OICMETu.jpg

pfP6FuQ.jpg

sqsQ9YF.jpg

anyway back to the great fit of everything else, I have weathered the engine a bit, I dont want to weather this one much as I want it to look well cared for however the CB 750 willl be heavily weathered and have lots of broken bits.

pVq2m45.jpg

IAoFK92.jpg

0493KWW.jpg

Just to emphasise just how big this is that Virago is the same size engine as this one

TVoju9u.jpg

boxMP4p.jpg

EStZe0x.jpg

M6AYMdw.jpg

LgnEuA1.jpg

zuvlH89.jpg

jYOScWn.jpg

xo976LE.jpg

Hi all really peed off sprayed the tank, had it glued to piece of stick layed it on my table hanging over the end to dry came home dinner time and it had fell off the stick and onto the carpet, (insert swear words here)

hope a coat of varnish will hide it, what do you think.

1G5h43p.jpg

MMpWUBP.jpg

EdKYUup.jpg

QcgnhAq.jpg

qHqwRNt.jpg

nqLrmp9.jpg

fNbybKu.jpg

kDnPKF7.jpg

uUShNnJ.jpg

rHaM2SQ.jpg

• Like 1

Did some work on the engine, its been dropped this side, should I give the other side the same treatment or is that going to far, mine was only dropped on one side but I am sure they have been both sides.

SwtbnNC.jpg

EMDELRE.jpg

WXPpx3b.jpg

ISRswnE.jpg

Ceyt3GM.jpg

ax0IARL.jpg

wCLuYz7.jpg

2CzuTln.jpg

Led55Qv.jpg

• Like 1

Well, interesting choice of colours for the Big Kat...

There is something quite wonderful about Honda transverse fours of the era; I love 'em to bits! The weathering of the frame here is outstanding. Somehow, my old 750 was the only thing I never did manage to find kipping on its side, so I'd stick with one lot of scuffs, missing ball-end off the front brake lever and maybe a bit of duct tape holding the right-side indicators on! :winkgrin:

I once owned a GSX550 Katana, The big Kats baby brother. First 'proper' sized bike that I owned.

Lovely little thing it was. Replaced it with a Honda VF750 R. Also a lovely bit of kit. I've got the Tamiya 1/12 version of that to build one day.

That was way back in '84. All seems a very long time ago...