Takom KV-5

KV-5 Super Heavy Tank

Takom 1/35

Hi guys, This is Takom's KV-5 painted in Finnish markings. It's due to be in the April issue Airfix Model World. There will be a full build feature in the mag.

Hope you enjoy the shots

16624331335_a0d26f790d_c.jpg

16438546419_3cdd669a42_c.jpg

16624341025_0dc66da9fd_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 23

I am really impressed with this, lots of different techniques in there. I like the used look with a cleat and part of thr track guard missing. The lighting and photography is superb, I will definitely look out for this in AMW, it's certain!y something to aspire to!

• Like 1

Cracking build Andy. Really like the weathering on the welds and the ladder on the turret. The bits of snow in the corners look excellent, as do the sag in the tracks. Well done. Joe

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everyone

Cracking build Andy. Really like the weathering on the welds and the ladder on the turret. The bits of snow in the corners look excellent, as do the sag in the tracks. Well done. Joe

Thanks Joe. I'd originally intended to add more snow and a few icicles hanging down but I had to cut back on it a bit as the mag required the final shots on a white background so the images could be composited on the page and any snow or icicles round the edges wouldn't have shown up. Now it's done I'll try and get round to adding a bit more as I think it will add to the wintry effect.

Andy

• Like 1

I think it looks perfect as it is, but if you do add some more snow, would you please post it so we can see how it looks. Cheers, Joe

• Like 1

I think it looks perfect as it is, but if you do add some more snow, would you please post it so we can see how it looks. Cheers, Joe

Thanks Joe, I'll post some shots when it's done

Impressive! What you used to model snow?

Thanks, the snow was a mix of baking soda and AK wet effects

Andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

This model is an inspiration - for me to give up! :crying:

Kind regards,

Adam

Thanks Adam. I sincerely hope you don't

Superb work on an odd looking beast.

It looks like someone's stuck a turret off a battleship onto a tank.

Pete

Thanks Pete. When you build this thing you realise just how impractical it would have been had it ever left the drawing board

Andy