Kitech 1/48 Airwolf ***1st UPDATE POSTED***

Rickpadwick1801

Hi Everyone,

Here is my 4th build for this GB : Airwolf

Here are the photos of the sprues. I will be making a start on this after my starships are completed.

IMG_6474_zpsjpdvxlma.jpg

IMG_6473_zpsgqujp3pl.jpg

IMG_6472_zpsbsi6rau3.jpg

There are no decals for this kit, however there is a single clear sprue that I have not photographed.

Cheers,

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

It look to me very much like a repop of the old AMT ERTL kit. They've just moved the parts around on the sprues and added a couple of figures. I'm pretty sure I had to add a bit of nose weight on mine to keep the nose down. :)

Hi guys,

I haven't done much work on this kit so far. I spent the majority of the time on it, painting all of the components.

I'm not going to be able to do any work today as its the wife's birthday and we are out all day.

I will keep my eyes open for the weight in the nose issue.

As soon as I have some photos, I will post them up.

Cheers,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Here is the first update for the construction of this kit.

Stage 1

Stage%201-1_zpslhmr5den.jpg

Stage%201-2_zpsolqv4paj.jpg

Stage%201-3_zpskqhtkgzz.jpg

Stage 2

Stage%202_zpsgvuctkou.jpg

Turbo pods installed on fuselage

Turbo%20pod%201_zpsew28rnan.jpg

Turbo%20pod%202_zpsc7n9bmet.jpg

I know the Airwolf helicopter doesn't have rear seats in its fuselage, but the kit is not supplied with the electronic data command centre that Santini mans when Airwolf is in flight. I believe the seats are supplied because the kit is based on the Bell 222.

I will be posting more photos once I start the rest of the project, I've got to paint the fuselage before closing her up and adding weapons. Just gotta work out where the black stops and the white begins on the underside.

More later.

Rick

• Like 1

Nice work Rick, I see they got round the issue of too many windows by covering them as part of the side pods.

The white/black line seems to run through the centre of the weapons pod,in my instructions, and continues along the centre of the tail boom.

Have a look at the instructions I sent you, it's shown on there.

Hardest part is going to be the large radius on the underbelly.

• 4 weeks later...

Project is on hold as I am working on the lifeboat that I've got to finish in less than 3 weeks.

I hope to get back on once this is done, but no promises as I'm not really feeling model building at the moment mostly due to frustration with the previously mentioned lifeboat and how long it is taking to finish.

Update to follow eventually.

Rick

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

This project is now number 1 on my priority list as I have the perfect reference material to get the paint absolutely perfect : 12 episodes of Airwolf on DVD which I bought from eBay.

I should be getting on with this kit at the weekend. My plan is that I will be fitting the windows in position and masking them off so that I can paint the entire fuselage with it fully assembled.

Photos at the weekend.

Cheers,

Rick

• Like 2

• 1 year later...