Dragon, medium Mk IV

Dugald

Hello, I've just joined Britmodeller and my interest is British interwar and very early WWII (1939-40) AFVs. I've just started building a Dragon, Medium MkIV using an old Mirage Vickers 6t E kit as the basis. I'm doing this entirely from photographs and was wondering if anyone else had attempted anything similar and if so, whether are there any pitfalls I should be aware of !

Interesting project! I haven't got any useful advice, but then I suspect you're the only one to attempt it!

Please do post a work-in-progress here. I'd be really interested to see how you do it.

By the way, are you building the Resicast 60 Pdr to go with it...?

And welcome!

Edited by Killingholme

Thank you - I'm doing some more work on it this evening to get the running gear finished, having already cut down the body work to the basic chassis, and then the new bodywork should be straight forward - it's the interior that it is going to take the time. I didn't know about the Resicraft 60 pdr - alas, it's a bit out of my price range but I might have to scratch build something to go behind the Dragon or try a late mark 18 pdr based on the Emhar model (I'm planning on getting a Vulcan 2 per to go behind my Light Dragon ). I'll try and get some photos uploaded but be warned that my military modelling skills were honed in the 1970s - all Military Modelling, Tamiya kits, plasticard and spares box!

Edited by Dugald

be warned that my military modelling skills were honed in the 1970s - all Military Modelling, Tamiya kits, plasticard and spares box!

You mean proper modelling then?

Also, just wondered if the Mirage CP7 artillery tractor might lend you some useful parts. Probably not worth it if you're into proper scratchbuilding! I have a scrapped Tamiya Universal Carrier somewhere if you need any bits, by the way.

Will

• Like 1

I did wonder about the Mirage CP7 but I'd got a 20 yr old 'E' 6t in the loft so used that - I'm guessing that the running gear is the same in both kits. I'm always looking for spare Horstman suspension units and tracks though !

Edited by Dugald

• 8 months later...