Time for a Big Rig

suggy69

Decided it was time to get working on the Moebius Lonestar that's been sitting in my stash for a while. Am using the Revell instructions as found them easier to follow then the in-box ones. Engine is painted and assembled, chassis glued together and ready for painting. Just started on some of the additional pieces to the chassis ready for when I've finished painting it. Will be as per instructions but am going for Tamiya Metallic Blue for the bodywork rather than the Revell suggested body colours

Photos below of current progress. Apologies for quality, taken with an iPhone.

photo1_zps951a48c9.jpg

photo2_zps3b88a1fd.jpg

photo4_zpsd9eab6a1.jpg

photo5_zpsd20467bd.jpg

photo6_zpsc45b58a2.jpg

• Like 1

Id have a go, you dont need an in depth knowlage of truck air and electrical systems to have a go, I drill the airbag tops, and the brake chambers, the some thin wire into the holes, you can sleve the ends to look like connectors and then run them down the chassis. When I did the ProStar I finished them under the cab inside the chassis rail!

My build is here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny you should mention that Brian, I've just uploaded the latest pics. Axles have been fitted to the chassis, as has the engine.

Lordairgtar, yes this is a Moebius kit but it was also released under the Revell name with easier to understand instructions.

Pics below:

photo%2011_zpsnof5xknp.jpg

photo%2012_zpsgirlc94e.jpg

photo%2013_zps90kmwqp4.jpg

photo%2014_zpshr9jlgwo.jpg